Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have Gremlins...

I love this discussion of gremlins. I have always declared that I have gremlins. I can identify with many of you. I lose a sewing item and when I finally go and buy a replacement, it shows up. I also something away where I will know where it is and when I go to get it, it is not there. We could get a lot more done with out the gremlins in our lives.

Isn't it nice to know we all have company? I was looking through my patterns over the weekend - must have REALLY liked the Grommet bag pattern - have two brand new ones of the same patterns. Hmmm - classifieds?

I looked EVERYWHERE for two kits to take on an upcoming trip. Think I could find them? Nope. Got up the next morning and they were right there in a top cubby sitting all nice and perky - smirking!

I don't do as many projects as I think some of you do, so I put tools back in their place before I leave the room. BUT, I misplace the tools AS I'm using them!!
    FYI: the scissor holder that I can attach to my shirt isn't worth the $. The elastic is new and I have to pull hard on it to pull the cuticle scissor to where I want to cut..then the scissor can easily SNAP back up to my chest like a little flying weapon!
    The other day I went to 3 different stores..v. busy stores. Then I went to them again, retracing my footsteps because I had lost my Master Shopping/Organization list for a trip I'm taking. I eventually found my special list the third time I went into one of the stores.
    Gremlins in my sewing area/room???? Nah, just in my brain!

Yep, they are fond of my small snip scissors, my seam ripper and my little 1x6" ruler.

You mean - I may not be nuts. My husband just asked me the other day "What are you going to do with all these scissors"? Hmmm. The last thing I lost was my dresden plate template. Ended up buying a new one at Little Blessings Quilt Store in another town. I learned a hard lesson - prices have really gone up on items that George walks away with. Ramona Byrd's George, the gremlin, really does get around. Comes all the way from California to Tenn.
    This Quilting Board, by the way, is fantastic. Terrific people who really do help out.

Sounds like my husband with his tools. lolol

Blog Entries
    I too have gremlins or soething here. I used to blame y kids for never having a pen by the phone or leaving things where they were supposed to be but, I think they must have left their little spirits behind so that I would not miss them so much.

Blog Entries
    Is that what they are called?? :lol: :lol: And here I was blaming the cat.. :roll:

Maybe George is a cat. Ha

I think I have a pack of them . I can't for the life of me find the manuals for my sewing machines. Even the new one I got last week. Maybe my daughter will find them after I'm gone. Sure do need them at times and don't know how to replace them.

We have three cats and two of them are thieves. We always blame the cats when something goes missing. That prayer is another way to bring the missing to the front of your mind. Freud said to go off by yourself and say whatever comes to mind - no censoring ergo do this alone. I have found w/i 1-2 min. you will say where you left the item. Works for me except when DH is the culprit.

Yes I have Gremlins! I tend to call them my left and right hand! At times, I wonder if my left hand knows what my right hand is doing!

TreeFrog

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Yes, I have live-in Gremlins myself. I have a live-in ghost,
    i call him George, who moves things around when I forget
    about him. Even my cats sometimes walk around in circles,
    rubbing the legs of someone who is just barely here.
    Last week George took my rotary cutter and cutting pad from
    where I had put it, right after using it. After I'd ironed the backing to the fabric, marked and cut it out, started looking for it where I knew I'd put it for safe keeping, but I still haven't found it to cut the square backing for the applique figures.

I'm going to have to cut most of it with sissors, and maybe he
    will see how angry I am and put it out in plain sight.

That's my story and I'm keeping it!!
    Yep, we have that type of Gremlin here as well. I've seen him several times actually but he had better stay out of my quilting room

:wink:

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one. Some days I think I am losing my mind--other days, I know I am! :oops:

I remember visiting my grandmother in the years before she passed, and she was always either quilting or crocheting. Invariably she was always looking for her scissors everywhere, and we always found them hiding under her butt. The morning she passed I asked my mom, "where are Mamaw's scissors?" I went to the funeral home and placed her thimble on her finger, where it always was even if she wasnt sewing, and her scissors right where she always lost them, under her butt. All the family had to ask the story of why the scissors were there, and the laughs we all got helped to make the passing of such an incredible woman just a little easier. Love you Mamaw, I miss you so.

Blog Entries
    YEP! Got one here too! I "lost" my marking pen the other day, so, I bought new one. I used the new one, JUST put it down, then I couldn't find it. grrrrrr....... I looked everywhere for abt half an hour. Dern! This is cutting into "quilting time" now! I'm getting angry! I found it !! The pen had ROLLED off the ironing board all by itself and then HID under a receipt on the sewing table. How the heck did THAT happen???? I HAD a poltergiest in my deshtop computer until I drove a NAIL into his hard drive... THAT sure fixed HIM.....heh heh heh

np3
    Blog Entries
    We have a little girl, call her Mary Jane. When ever anything goes wrong the kids say "Mary Jane did it!" The kids are gone but Mary Jane stayed....

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Yes, I have live-in Gremlins myself. I have a live-in ghost,
    i call him George, who moves things around when I forget
    about him. Even my cats sometimes walk around in circles,
    rubbing the legs of someone who is just barely here.
    Last week George took my rotary cutter and cutting pad from
    where I had put it, right after using it. After I'd ironed the backing to the fabric, marked and cut it out, started looking for it where I knew I'd put it for safe keeping, but I still haven't found it to cut the square backing for the applique figures.

I'm going to have to cut most of it with sissors, and maybe he
    will see how angry I am and put it out in plain sight.

That's my story and I'm keeping it!!

Yep, I have a gremlin. Her name is Mrs. Johnson. She used to hang out at the office where I worked but when I retired she came home with me. She used to get my kids in trouble a lot but now I know it was her since my kids are accross the country and things are still going missing. She expecially likes my glasses, and I have dozens in every room, but she still manages to hide every one, sometimes on top of my head. When she hides things I just start doing something else and she relents and gives me back what I need. Glad I'm not alone on this one, don't want people to think I'm crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by LastGrandma
    in their quilt room/area???

I can spend a lot of time looking for scissors, my fabric marking pen, a ruler, etc., and never find it. After I give up and make do with something else and continue on (struggling), the lost item never shows up.

The next day I can walk in and TA DA -- there is the item in plain site!!!! I swear I have Gremlins who hide things and then return them the next day. Any one else have this problem?
    Absolutely! All the time! And do I feel stupid when I finally find the item and it has been there under my nose all the time.

Dog drn it...thought I was the only one who had em!! LOL

Yes, the gremlin walked off with my Gingher scissors on Sunday. It's Tuesday afternoon and I still can't find them. :( I'd blame Tinkerbelle if she could lift them....so I guess that it's the Gremlins...

Quote Originally Posted by LastGrandma
    in their quilt room/area???

I can spend a lot of time looking for scissors, my fabric marking pen, a ruler, etc., and never find it. After I give up and make do with something else and continue on (struggling), the lost item never shows up.

The next day I can walk in and TA DA -- there is the item in plain site!!!! I swear I have Gremlins who hide things and then return them the next day. Any one else have this problem?
    There are spooks in every area of my house, not only in my
    sewing room. They love to hid my make-up, combs, kitchen utensils, slippers, purses, shoes, etc.,etc., etc.
    Judy :roll:

Emma S you are funny :lol:

Blog Entries
    I can hear the gremlins laughing when they see me losing my mind. One minute it's there, the next it's gone. Then, it appears again. Well, at least they are entertained.

In a pinch, you might be able to find the manuals on the Internet. Not as good as holding it in your hands....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast