Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have Gremlins...

I have a ghost named Emily who loves bright things. (and it is only a 20 year old house and we built it).
    Came home from being away one time and there was a ball of bright orange yarn on the sewing room floor. I thought maybe I had left it on a shelf and it fell, but it was a good six feet away from the shelves, and there is a rug. Can't see it rolling that far. Then I found the rest of the yarn it had been with, had left it in a drawer.
    Just today she left a line of 5 bright red hawthorns in the driveway for me - there are no hawthorn trees within 200 feet.
    She is mostly good though, doesn't hide things. Sometimes I can feel someone touching the top of my head, think it is her.

I still can't find my 60mm cutter, I could really use it.
    My DD uses my stuff and she doesn't always put things back when she's done. So I can blame some of the lost items on her.

They arent just in the sewing room. I have a terrible infestation here. It's amazing how things can disappear and then magically reappear somewhere that they never should have been....lol.

Power Poster
    Oh I'm so glad to hear that someone else has this problem. I thought they were walking off on their own and returning on their own. Not the quilters fault. :P

I bought some rotary cutting blades[ Harbor Freight] and I was soooo excited about my big bargain[$1.49 a pair] that I put them up so only I would know where to locate them and guess what? I gotta go buy more. I sometimes scare myself!

Oh, yes. I think mine is 6 years old and visits every Friday night.

ditto for amma remark !!

Blog Entries
    Yep. I call them Nargles. They even follow me to work. :-)

I have them in my house

Very good idea. I like having lots of necessary notions when I need them. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    I have a ghost named Emily who loves bright things. (and it is only a 20 year old house and we built it).
    Came home from being away one time and there was a ball of bright orange yarn on the sewing room floor. I thought maybe I had left it on a shelf and it fell, but it was a good six feet away from the shelves, and there is a rug. Can't see it rolling that far. Then I found the rest of the yarn it had been with, had left it in a drawer.
    Just today she left a line of 5 bright red hawthorns in the driveway for me - there are no hawthorn trees within 200 feet.

You may have something in your house that belonged to "Emily". My previous house had a resident spirit, it was a man. He had been killed in the house. He was friendly and kept us safe. He was only seen by two people but made himself known to a lot of us.
    She is mostly good though, doesn't hide things. Sometimes I can feel someone touching the top of my head, think it is her.

Quote Originally Posted by diane Sneed
    I bought some rotary cutting blades[ Harbor Freight] and I was soooo excited about my big bargain[$1.49 a pair] that I put them up so only I would know where to locate them and guess what? I gotta go buy more. I sometimes scare myself!
    They are in a very safe place, even safe from you! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by akgranny
    sigh ....... i thought i was just having senior moments but they're too frequent -- am i passing from older to elderly?
    Likewise, my only worry is that my darling mum had alzheimer's and sometimes wonder if I am going there. My kitty cat runs off with small things, but can't blame her for everything I mislay.

As a matter of fact, I am searching right now for a pattern book with the eagle wall hanging I am working on. I know where I left it, but absolutely can't find it! Maybe Ramona's ghost, George, has my book.

OHHHHHHH that's what their called! Thanks for letting me know! :)

Blog Entries
    I arrived at forgetful one day in 1990, (I was 32) when I had a brain injury. I don't say this for sympathy, (who needs it?) I tell you this because it has been real entertaining watching my friends reach the 50's and complain about being forgetful. I just tell them "welcome to my neighborhood!". I was told by my doctor that what I have, is a form of amnesia. You are more than welcome to borrow my excuse if you need to! Mwwwahahahahah! :lol: It could be worse, we could all be losing our hearing instead...What?

Me too! I am always losing my scissors. I think I need one of those pincushions with the pockets for them!

Quote Originally Posted by LastGrandma
    Quote Originally Posted by mzsooz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybugnana
    Absolutely! I had just bought a new seam ripper that had a bigger handle because my hands are beginning to hurt. Turned around to use it and it has vanished. I thought it was the cats or Zach, but not in any of their hiding places. I have yet to find it!
    My seam rippers keep vanishing so I thought I would buy one of those big handled ones so I wouldn't lose it. After reading your post I guess that idea won't work!
    I solved the seam ripper problem a long time ago: I have the cap taped to my sewing machine (on the side) with the opening up. I store the seam ripper on the sewing machine when not in use! Now I am working on putting the seam ripper back in the cap EVERY time I use it! Gremlins can't pull the seam ripper off the sewing machine, evidently. LOL
    I did this also, with velcro and I try to always put it back when I'm finished with it...

Ohhh! I thought I was loosing my mind. The Greemlins explain what is going on in my house. Last week I was making a block, the Bear's Paw; I had 1/4 done and when I finish the second forth and was going to saw them together, guess what! it is nowhere. I cleaned up my sewing room, put away everything and nothing. It is gone and couldn find it till today.
    I do have the brother of the one that stills socks. One of every pair and I lost a shoe since last October; hi hill, so it is a she!
    Last one, lost my EQ manual, since July.
    Are you saying the Gremling will return the items? I hope so!

Once it was called Alzheimers, then it became Old Timers, and I now I settle for Sometimers

lol we always said casper was living here with us,
    HUGS Dora

I quit worrying about these things long ago , I have so many WIPs that if something goes missing i just go to something else. I put all my marbles in a jar on the shelf next to pics of grandchildren so that I always know where they are, even if I cant find anything else when I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by LastGrandma
    in their quilt room/area???

I can spend a lot of time looking for scissors, my fabric marking pen, a ruler, etc., and never find it. After I give up and make do with something else and continue on (struggling), the lost item never shows up.

The next day I can walk in and TA DA -- there is the item in plain site!!!! I swear I have Gremlins who hide things and then return them the next day. Any one else have this problem?
    I had that very thing happen to me this evening with my rotary cutter... I looked the house over and went back into my sewing room and there it was--just where it was supposed to be in its holder. Go figure! And there are no kids in my house, only hubby and me!

My gremlin stays busy all the time. He once took some "challenge" fabric and hid it from me. Took me almost 2 years to find it - it was tucked in between other fabrics right where I had looked several times (other people had looked for me, too). I am always finding things are not where I know I put them down...sometimes they show up the next day, but sometimes they don't show until I buy a replacement!

the conclusion i have come to is my house is built on top a big black hole that would account for everything that comes up missing especially socks!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast