Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone use Hearts and More Templates? >

Anyone use Hearts and More Templates?

Anyone use Hearts and More Templates?

Old 04-25-2019, 11:55 PM

Default Anyone use Hearts and More Templates?

I have just done applique for the first time, I posted a picture this past weekend in the Virtual quilting weekend thread if you'd like to check it out. I have long admired applique projects and quilts and always thought it was beyond my skill set, that is until an opportunity arose. At the fabric extravaganza in March that is held in Nashua NH, Sue Pelland was there and she had a deal on her applique cut pieces. If you've ever stopped by her booth at a show and watched her demo, those pieces she cuts are what she was selling, all cut with the Mistyfuse on the them. I said to myself why not, if I'm going to try applique this is a great opportuity to try it. Well.....I love it!!! So, of course Pinterest is full of ideas for applique and I found one I would like to try with pieces that are teardrop shaped, or droplet shaped. Sue Pellands Hearts and More template video explains you can make these shapes. Has anyone tried making these shapes using her templates, and if you have, were you happy with the result. I am unable to copy and paste a picture of the project I would like to attempt because I use a tablet and not a laptop, so I do not know how to copy and paste a URL, sorry I know pictures always help on here. If you can visualize FMQ feathers, the one loop that looks like a droplet or half the feather is the shape used in the project I would like to try.
Any information and feedback would be helpful, any hints and tips you might like to add about these templates too would be much appreciated too. THank you in advance.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:57 AM

Kara, I purchased a couple of Sue’s rulers at MQX. Too bad we didn’t live closer to one one another, we could have our own workshop. I am still in California but will be anxious to do a wall hanging for my first project when I return home.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:29 AM

I have those rulers and the other one with the different sized curves. I have used the curved one to draw lines for quilting. Then use the walking foot on my machine to follow them. Lots of interesting patterns can be made with these rulers.

For storage, I cut the leg off an old pair of jeans and made a hanger. It works well to store long rulers.

Have fun!