Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone want to Virtually Quilt with me today? >

Anyone want to Virtually Quilt with me today?

Anyone want to Virtually Quilt with me today?

Old 04-01-2012, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
No quilting today for me! I busied myself today wrapping my fabrics around boards to make my storage shelves look nicer and more organized. Unfortunately, I have run out of steam! I started with my 1 - 3 yd pieces and I have wrapped 225 boards already! (I'm pretty ashamed of myself) I did pull several fabrics that I know I will never use and have put them into a tub until I decide how I will find them a new home!
Hey that's still a good quilty goal accomplished for the day. And now that you have it more organized you can get down to the business of using it all!!

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
Quilt top piecing undwerway, even tho I really want to mess with the cathedral windows..Of course this caused me to make a big mistake, and have to recut and sew a piecce to create a dozen strips!! Hope to get at least half of the blocks for the top done tonight..out of 25 in all...I like the way it is working out, but need to be more focused!!I need to stop looking at the pics and postings on here!! I lay awake at night thinking about other quilts!! Of course 10 more grandkids are also still waiting for their quilts
Uh oh, I hate when that happens!! I made a few wrong turns on my blocks today too and had to rip and resew which I *hate* doing ... sigh .... but I know I will love this quilt once it's done!! just not my favorite to make.

Rachel
Old 04-01-2012, 03:39 PM

Last block done!! yay!!!! Only took me 10.5 hours LOL obviously i got distracted .... alot ..... Now I am going to lay them out and see how I like the placement. Maybe I'll snap a few pics for y'all since you humored me with my virtual quilting bee.

Rachel
Old 04-01-2012, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
Hey that's still a good quilty goal accomplished for the day. And now that you have it more organized you can get down to the business of using it all!!

Rachel
Unfortunately, I still have lots more to go! I still have more 1-3 yd pieces and I haven't touched the FQs, 1/2 yds, and the fabrics in bags that have never made it to a shelves! Oh, and my scraps. . . I'm extremely overwhelmed but will work thru it! No quilting or sewing or fabric buying until the room is in tip top shape! (Good for my wallet, bad for the LQS!)
Old 04-01-2012, 03:49 PM

Okay so I tried to take a pic of the top, the blocks aren't together yet and it was hard to get a good pic from that angle, but I like the look of it!!

Rachel
Attached Thumbnails img_7393.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
Unfortunately, I still have lots more to go! I still have more 1-3 yd pieces and I haven't touched the FQs, 1/2 yds, and the fabrics in bags that have never made it to a shelves! Oh, and my scraps. . . I'm extremely overwhelmed but will work thru it! No quilting or sewing or fabric buying until the room is in tip top shape! (Good for my wallet, bad for the LQS!)
One step at a time right?? And I am sure it helps get the creative juices flowing to touch all that pretty fabric again. I don' have nearly as much (I have an incredibly small space to sew), but I love organizing it as it really gets me thinking about future projects.

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 04-01-2012, 04:26 PM

Rachel...the top looks great, and I really like the colors you chose. I finished half the blocks and have them pressed. I am trying to finish the rest tonight. Then tomorrow I can put the top together..It's not a difficult pattern, but I have to be real careful with the one fabric that the design runs the same way. Probably anothe 2 hours and all the blocks will be done. That is IF I stay focused LOL...
Old 04-01-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
Rachel...the top looks great, and I really like the colors you chose. I finished half the blocks and have them pressed. I am trying to finish the rest tonight. Then tomorrow I can put the top together..It's not a difficult pattern, but I have to be real careful with the one fabric that the design runs the same way. Probably anothe 2 hours and all the blocks will be done. That is IF I stay focused LOL...
Yay!! Go for it!! I know you can so it. Be sure to let us know what you get done tonight!!

I actually finished my entire top tonight!! Yay!! I am so happy to have this done. It was eating away at me sitting on my sewing table, so I am glad to have it in my ready to be quilted.

I liked doing this today, we'll have to do it again!!

Rachel
Old 04-01-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
Okay so I tried to take a pic of the top, the blocks aren't together yet and it was hard to get a good pic from that angle, but I like the look of it!!

Rachel
The quilt top is gorgeous! I love the colors! Nice job!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 PM

Yes, I'm seriously cutting them at 1.25 inches and there's a lot of them. I switch colors every so often just so the lines stop blurring together. All total I have to cut: 150 denim, 152 pink, 602 white, 152 blue, 152 lavendar/lilac, and 152 multi color prints in those colors. And then when all the tiny squares are cut, I have to cut 122 white squares that are 3.5 inches and then I can sew. I can't sew strips and then cut them down to size because each 9 patch square in each row only has 1 of each color in it except for the white. So...that's a lot of little squares to form 1 crib sized quilt.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:08 PM

All the blocks are now done and pressed...Will construct the top tomorrow and see if I need any borders to make it the size I want. Of course that means a fuin trip to Joannes!! Or maight have to go to downtown to check what is left at the LQS that is in the process of closiong. Definitely would do this again..It is fun to take a break and check on other people's progress!!