Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) >

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Old 11-11-2011, 10:20 AM

Yes, count me in - - I would love to learn to do it - I have some ideas but not sure best way to do it.

Marysewfun
Old 11-11-2011, 10:41 AM

Am following this thread in hopes of learning better methods. I have done turned applique but do not feel I am very good. Thanks for starting this crafty bear!
Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 AM

I love hand applique! I am finishing a black quilt with multicolored blocks appliqued down. I have had the good fortune to study under Pat Campbell, Dixie McBride, and Mary Sorensen--all good teachers, but Pat Campbell was tops. If you have access to one of her books, you can learn to make those points sharp and clean. I'll keep watching here to see what develops. Crafty Bear, with 65 posts, you hit a nerve! Looks like lots of folks would like to learn how to applique better.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:06 AM

I love hand applique. Especially using freezer paper on the top and needle turning. I'll be interested to join in too. I have three applique tops I've done and although I should be quilting them first, I can't resist starting another! Love "Little Brown Bird" by Margaret Doherty. In fact any Baltimore designs!!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire View Post
I do like to applique but I do the raw edge machine applique and I don't think it's really considered appliquing. But, it works for me and that's what I will continue to do. I absolutely hate to do any hand work.
Use to do a lot of applique but haven't done any in years, so what is raw edge machine applique? count me in on learning.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:25 AM

I do machine applique' most of the time because I do alot of samples for my LQS and have a limited time frame. I have done some hand applique' and did enjoy it. I plan on doing more hand when I get some time for myself
Old 11-11-2011, 11:55 AM

gEEZ, cRAFTY, lOOK WHAT YOU STARTED! lol!!! i WILL KEEP AN EYE ON HERE, TOO. i'VE DONE 4-5 APPLIQUE QUILTS. dO WE CONSIDER DRESDEN PLATES IN THE APPLIQUE CATAGORY?? i'M WORKING ON MY 2ND ONE OF THOSE. i DID SOME FOR MY GREAT NIECES/NEPHEWS, TOO. (DARN CAPS LOCK). hOW DO WE KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS TOPIC?? pUT IT IN OUR BOOKMARKS?? I just got back from having anesthetic for a procedure- I'll check back later. Too tired to think!!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:35 PM

I do the Applique' thing, my favorite way to quilt. It relaxes me, I can carry it off to Dr or sit back in my recliner and watch the shows but also applique to my hearts content. I mostly do the needle turn, have done the iron on but then go back over it as I don't think it stays too good with the wonder under or what I use.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:55 PM

Very nice quilt with dogs. so cute
Originally Posted by KathyAire View Post
Most of my applique is dogs. I have done some flowers, as in 'Happy Daisies'. I will have to look and see what I might have left. I give most of my stuff away.

Here are the dogs.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-50844-1.htm
Old 11-11-2011, 01:03 PM

Count me in, I would love to learn all the ins and out of applique, I think it is beautiful, and I do love to do hand work. Any help and wisdom would be loved.