Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: AQS Quilt Show, Paducah, Ky

AQS Quilt Show, Paducah, Ky

I arrived Sunday and having a blast. Who would have known that I would have met two members of this board. I and craft ear along with my friend Dorothy , are guest of Leaha.

I also met one of my istructors Wendy Behring at an artist studio in Paduach on Monday. My friend Dorothy and I went to hancockcs of Paduach Monday and I will not start how much fabric I purchased. I just could not leave all that fabric there. Of corse it was on a 40 percent discount.

Tuesday she and I went to the quilt museum and it is awesome and of course we just had to buy a few quilting tshirts. We also made our way to Murray's sewing and found awesome batik fabrics. I also purchased a bolt of white on white fabric for dyeing and fabric painting.

Wednesday I met Craftybear it also was the start of quilt show. Friend and I went to quilt show and we walked until we could no longer. My main reason for coming was to see if I could get a good deal on a baby lock evolution serger and I did. I also saw an embellished so negotiated probe down as a bundle saving myself $1300.00

I also looked for fabric paints and other tools for such and quilting which I found.

Thursday we went back to see more quilts we had not seen, as well as to see demos, and buy other things we didn't know we needed. We went to the pavilion to check out other vendors, as well as another place that had overflow vendors and also seeing old quilts. While there I got books for 5.00$ each.

Today we are going back to hancockcs and to vendor for more books and then going to an Amish community to see there quilt show.

This weekend we are coming home.

If you have never come to this quilt show you sould consider doing so in the future. It so so worth it and then some.
    cparant

I hate writing on this iPad, causes me to make typing errors so please forgive misspelling.
    cparant

Lucky, lucky you. I am so envious.

Blog Entries
    I have been to the AQS show once, some day hope to go back and spend time like you were able to.

I agree, if you have never been to Paducah it is one place not to miss. I was there three different years and stayed the week. No longer am able to do that but I sure remember the good time. sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Glad you are having so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have some for me. Sandy

I just bought the evolution too. I haven't had time to use it much yet, but I can't wait to get into it.

Clsurz, your note has made me so envious!!! No wonder you had to stop and rest. You will have so much fun going through all your bargains. It sounds like you had a blast. Wish I was there. Show us pictures of your haul when you get home. Looking at your pictures will help me get over my envy. lol
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear it is a fruitful trip. I'm driving to Missouri in May and will be stopping in Paducah for the night so I can go to the museum and Hancocks. Sure hate that I couldn't be there for the quilt show.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

I am a charter member of the AQS, and as long as we lived in Memphis, I never missed a show (15 years worth...)...and boy, do I miss it. I'm in SC now, and I did try the one in Knoxville a couple of years ago...but it just wasn't the same. So yep, I'm jealous too!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I hope you make it home safely .. sound like the trunk of your car is going to be scraping the ground from the weight of all that fabric!!! Do show us the "big haul" when you can .

We went back in the 90's when dd was living in KY. Boy, I envy you - it's so amazing! Did you walk along the water by the huge flood gates? They're amazing too. If you get to see my LQS vendor booth, tell her Lynn sent you. She is Country Treasures from Chester VT. Have a wonderful time for us all!!

Blog Entries
    We are home, safe and sound too! A five hour trip for us. I made a sign for our car window - PADUCAH QUILT SHOW OR BUST. What a fabulous quilt show and a fabulous city - great weather. Last year we were too rushed, so we took an extra day and it was worth it. My DH even paid his $11 to go to the quilt show and was one of the very few men that actually walked around. I made him talk to a man who had on a T-shirt that said "SHE QUILTS - I COOK". I bet we saw every state license plate in the past 3 days. I asked as many women as I could where they were from and got a different state every time. Did not buy too much as I really don't need much. Went to 4 Eleanor Burns "stores" and saw her in person. Ate outside the convention hall on Wednesday - reminded me of the food at a "fair" - lots to chose from. Great strawberry shortcake from the Boy Scouts. I bet half of the busses in the US were in Paducah. Every restaurant, etc. had a bus waiting outside. We ate at Patti's 1880's Settlement last night - OMG - what wonderful PORK CHOPS - talked to a lady from Canada who rode on a bus from Canada with 55 women!!!!!! She said that they could each bring back $400 worth of US goods and that each of them were going home full. My daughter lives in Paducah so we get to stay with her - she was our chauffer - thank goodness. So much fun and so much quilting inspiration. I even bought some fabric in the town"s famous bakery - my DD swears that they don't usually carry fabric.
    Nikki in MO

Jackpot! Lucky lucky you!

I'm envious. Glad you are having such a great time!

Blog Entries
    Jealous! Envious! Some year, I will definitely go to Paducah....
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

Blog Entries
    Oh sounds like Heaven to me , I am so close , yet so far away. Will have to get there one day - can't wait to see all the pics
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Isn't meeting online friends in person wonderful???!!!!! We meet new people in person and talk and talk like we've known each other forever - and in a way, we have!

I wish the Paducah show was in the summer so that I could go! That teaching school, work thing keeps me from being able to do it!!

Dag-gone work!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

I have been to Paducah but not the quilt show. It is on my bucket list!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I hope you make it home safely .. sound like the trunk of your car is going to be scraping the ground from the weight of all that fabric!!! Do show us the "big haul" when you can .
    No it didn't scrap the bottom of my Toyota Rav4. From years of traveling when I was in the Marine Corps taught me how to pack in crannies, cornors and more. My friend Dottie and I had everything evenly distributed from the front of the SUV to the back. I found crannies, holes and more where I could stash stuff. I even had room in my sun roof if I chose to put some there.
    cparant

Quote Originally Posted by 117becca View Post
    Isn't meeting online friends in person wonderful???!!!!! We meet new people in person and talk and talk like we've known each other forever - and in a way, we have!
    Yes it is! I did not know I was going to meet to ladies from this board. My friend Dorothy is Leaha's sister and we stayed with her. She is a wonderful, FUNNY, entertaining, as well as TALENTED lady. I truly was bless to meet her. She kept us in stitches the whole time we were there.

Also arriving on the scene was Craftybear a day later as I recall. She also is alot of fun.

And I also forgot to mention earlier I met one of my online teachers from crafsty.com at the Carol Barer(not sure of spelling on last name) Studio in Paduach. Wendy Butler Berns at Craftsy.com. I'm taking a couple classes with her. She is the very same in person as she is when doing the classes. Alot of fun.

These were three ladies I had no idea I would end up meeting and certainly not with two of them in the same place I was staying and Leaha being a very gracious hostess.
    cparant

I was there too! Boy was it impressive. I got there Tuesday; took too many classes and had a hard time fitting in all the other stuff. However, the tent show that Eleanor Burns gave was a total hoot. She is such a funny person. I met Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms. His show was fantastic. I've shopped at Hancocks of Paducah online for about 20 years but finially got to see the place in person. WOW!
    If anyone can do it, go at least once.
    I'm all charged up and ready to go using all the fabric and ideas I picked up there.
    Arlene