Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Autumn Leaves table runner >

Autumn Leaves table runner

Autumn Leaves table runner

Old 02-05-2016, 06:03 AM

Default Autumn Leaves table runner

I purchased a pattern for an Autumn Leaf table runner, and it is so hard to figure out. Can anyone tell me where I can find a simple way to cut out the pieces for the leaf! It even came with a plastic 41/2 on point ruler and I cant figure that out either. I am trying to get ready to do a fall show and would really love to make this table runner! HELP
Old 02-05-2016, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

Since you mention the tool, I'm guessing it's the Eleanor Burns pattern?? There are a lot of pieces for this pattern and it's pretty involved. I hope you are going to charge a bunch of money.
Here's a PDF with QIAD instructions. Don't really know of a better way than as outlined here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...n-t275353.html
Her 'on point' block is also called a kite block. you might want to google that and see if there are other instructions

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 02-05-2016 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

On the pdf,
https://www.quiltinaday.com/freepatt...urkeyFlyer.pdf

It states that the "OnPoint" Ruler found can be found in the Autumn Leaves pattern. If your pattern that you bought is missing it, I would contact QIAD customer service.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:13 AM

According to your post, you got the ruler in the pkg. with the instructions. This link is to a 5.02 length video on making the leaves and the turkey. The only differences between turkey and leaf is the turkey is the leaf with head and legs added, just follow the directions for the turkey, but add the leaf stem instead of the turkey body parts.

I tried the clickable link from my post and it does not work, so am removing it. To find this instructional video, just google "Autumn Leaves Technique" and you should get there. It shows step by step how to make the leaf/turkey.

Last edited by elnan; 02-05-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: clickable link does not work
Old 02-05-2016, 09:17 AM

I have tried with the directions in the kit, but it is totally over my head. I have been working on this since 7:00 this morning and Have not got it yet.....Guess I will put it away till I have nothing else to do. Thank you all for the information
, very kind of you.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:36 AM

O K, I totally give up on this version of autumn leaf, so does anyone have an easier pattern that I can try!
Old 02-05-2016, 10:20 AM

I made this leaf pattern. Turned out so pretty. Before they had a special ruler, I made my own templates. The leaf piece and then the triangles. The triangles are cut out in mirror image so just double your fabric and cut 2 at a time. If you can get the measurements right I think it is a rectangle cut in half
Old 02-05-2016, 11:01 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Thanks for the link. I love anything by EB. I just googled the you tube tut someone else mentioned and its great. I already have the ruler and have used it a lot in her other patterns. So now I can make the table runner without spending more money.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:47 AM

Don't give up!! Here are 2 YouTube video's that show you how to use the ruler, hopefully one of them will help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKHCvOsPqjk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVTTe3VIQnE
Old 02-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
On the pdf,
https://www.quiltinaday.com/freepatt...urkeyFlyer.pdf

It states that the "OnPoint" Ruler found can be found in the Autumn Leaves pattern. If your pattern that you bought is missing it, I would contact QIAD customer service.
Thanks for catching my mispost of the link!!! Not enough coffee this morning.