Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Jazz ?? >

Baby Lock Jazz ??

Baby Lock Jazz ??

Old 08-02-2016, 02:58 PM

Couldn't agree more, Rob. Wouldn't it be wonderful if either Brother or Juki would come up with a mechanical machine, with all the features of the Brother PQ1500 or the Juki TL2010Q, but with a wider harp (of course all the time keeping the same harp height)? Juki has the TL2200QVP with a 18 x 10 harp, but it's so expensive. Something in between a 9 x 6 harp and a 18 x 10 harp would seem to make so much sense ...
Old 08-03-2016, 03:41 AM

I received the email also and I own Babylock machines and wouldn't want any other. I own the Imagine serger, Spirit, Melody and Audrey which is no longer available (great travel machine!). I was looking into upgrading my Melody when the Jazz came out and though I like the 12" throat space I agree with all here who stated that the height of the harp is low. I'm also spoiled...my machines are self thread, needle up/down and I like to look at what stitch and the measurement of the width of the stitch is when I'm sewing. Now I did call my Babylock dealer and found out that the price is $799 however the walking foot and other accessories for this machine are optional, another cost. Though I'm sure it will benefit a lot of quilters who are interested especially with the cost of the Jazz but I am now I'm looking at the Crescendo which is only 1/2" less harp than the Jazz or the Aria. Not looking to purchase now but its a thought.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:19 AM

I looked at the promo for the Jazz, the wider throat looks good but the height is the same which is a no for my vote. I'm a Juki 2010 gal and absolutely love it. I wonder with the wider but shorter throat of the Jazz if it is basically the same thing as my Juki. But the Jazz does have some basic stitches which is a nice feature. Give it a test drive and let us know how it drives.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by notmorecraft View Post
Could it be your foot pedal? Can you open it up and clean inside, you can also buy replacement foot pedals fairy cheaply.
Nope not he foot pedal. I wished it was that simple. Will drop it off to repair shop on Saturday. Thank-you for the suggestion .

i want to thank people for the comments and additional info found. The only feature so far that is a deal breaker for me is a needle threader..provided that the "feel" of the machine while sewing is good for me. The height, although it's low, I'm sure I can work with it..heck, I quilted a king size quilt on the Emerald 118 and that has a regular sewing machine throat and harp . Lol I will keep you all posted with a review once I find the Jazz to test drive...
Old 08-04-2016, 10:52 AM

I have the Esante made by Babylock,the foot pedal has a little spring that came off and I had no power. I took it to the dealer and that was the problem. He said that was a first.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:15 AM

Although this post is months old I would like to know if any of you have some more advice about thee Jazz or other light weight machine.
Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
Nope not he foot pedal. I wished it was that simple. Will drop it off to repair shop on Saturday. Thank-you for the suggestion .

i want to thank people for the comments and additional info found. The only feature so far that is a deal breaker for me is a needle threader..provided that the "feel" of the machine while sewing is good for me. The height, although it's low, I'm sure I can work with it..heck, I quilted a king size quilt on the Emerald 118 and that has a regular sewing machine throat and harp . Lol I will keep you all posted with a review once I find the Jazz to test drive...
Old 03-26-2017, 12:51 PM

Default Baby Lock Jazz

Very frustrated with my new Baby Lock Jazz purchased on March 8, 2017. The appeal of the Jazz was that it was for quilters and it had that lovely deck , wide throat and great lighting that my present machines did not have. I am an experienced quilter and am presently working on the “Quilter’s Patch by Edyta Sitar”. My biggest frustration is that it does not like to go over any bulk. I am working on some pinwheels and you really have to fight to get it to go through the layers when joining them together. I do use a quilters Awl. A few times now the thread has broken when trying to do this and you better have a screwdriver handy. The thread gets caught up in the take-up lever inside and the only way to open the face plate is with a screwdriver from the back. I had to do this 4 times within the first 2 weeks. I took it back to the store after week one and he gave me other needles to try as the tension looked good with the samples I took in. I took it back after week two and he told me to try to reposition the needle. I am now closing in on week three and the frustration continues. I was really hoping this would be the work horse I was looking for. Right now I am not even enjoying my new machine, for the price I expected more.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:45 PM

That sounds so frustrating. I hope you keep taking it back to the dealer until you are entirely satisfied. Keep us posted. And good luck to you.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:46 PM

sorry svan you are having trouble with the jazz i wasn't impressed when it first came out the wider throat space wouldn't do me any good as the height is the same, i watch a jenny doan tutorial and she was sewing on one and boy was it ever noisy. i would take it back and get a refund being you already had it there twice in only 3 weeks i know what you mean about joining pinwheels my BL ellure dose the same thing hope you get it resloved.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

I've been looking at this machine, too, so am interested in more discussion.