Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock Serenade do you have one >

Babylock Serenade do you have one

Babylock Serenade do you have one

Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 PM

Do you have one? Do you like it? On PatternRewiew it did not get good reviews.
thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 06:58 PM

I believe that machine replaced the BL Qwest Plus. I have had nothing but problems with mine and cannot get the dealer or co. to give me something different, just another Qwest Plus that has different problems. I, myself would never buy another BL. My sis has one and loves it.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:06 AM

jmabby, I love the quit in your avatar.

My dealer has suggested the Serenade to replace my QwestPlus that is defective. BUT she wants me to pay the difference in cost. I will be making calls this am to find out what the locals are charging.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Power Poster

sorry you are having to deal with a defective machine :(
Old 10-12-2011, 04:40 AM

I have the Babylock Quest Plus (purchased used) and it's my understanding the Serenade replaced the BLQP...I kept having problems with tension issues and skipped stitches. I was going to have to drive 2 hours to a tech, so after becoming my own machine technician, I found 4 threads wrapped around the bobbin case housing and since those have been removed, the machine has been sewing pretty good...FMQ'ing on this machine is a breeze and I love the built-in walking foot, but it has snap-on feet, which I don't like, it doesn't seem to have a function button to move my needle L or R, (If anyone knows, please PM me and tell where it is...:)) for a couple of feet, I have to remove the original shank and replace it with another shank/combo, such as the FMQ'ing/darning foot....Good luck with your search.........
Old 10-12-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
jmabby, I love the quit in your avatar.

My dealer has suggested the Serenade to replace my QwestPlus that is defective. BUT she wants me to pay the difference in cost. I will be making calls this am to find out what the locals are charging.
I just got my Qwest back again. My dealer did offer me the Serenade also to replace my Qwest, at a cost of twice as much as I paid for my Qwest. I don't need all the extra, I would be very happy just to have the one I have to work all the time. I am so frustrated, when I take it in they say they can't make the machine do what I say it does.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:42 AM

Ody and Melinda in Tulsa have Serenades and are pleased with them. I adore my Quest Plus, it performs beautifully, totally trouble-free. I also have Pfaffs and several Berninas, so I know quality. Yours must be a dud. If you aren't getting satisfaction from your dealer, contact Baby Lock.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 AM

The QP has 81 (yes, eighty-one!) needle positions, the most I know of on any machine. The top of the line Bernina has 11 needle positions. You use the stitch width button to adjust position, when using certain stitches including the straight stitch. It's on page 49 of the manual, which is available as a free download from the Baby Lock website. Hope that helps!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:55 PM

My QP is being sent to BabyLock. My hope is they find it defective and offer a replacement. Now it is a waiting game:(
Old 10-12-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
My QP is being sent to BabyLock. My hope is they find it defective and offer a replacement. Now it is a waiting game:(

My fingers are crossed, I hope you get another one, not like me a refurb that does not work. I really like the machine when it works as crazy as that sounds.