Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Bendable Light for Sewing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    I've been wondering about these myself. I have a computerized machine, so anything with a magnet to go on my machine scares the hey out of me. Would like to know if it has been a problem for anyone?
    No magnets. It has little plastic hooks that go on the back of the machine to hold the cord in place. Also a sticky tab where the light attach's to the top/front of the machine. If you have more than one machine you can buy the sticky tab part separately.
    I have one and love it and would like to find that additional tab did you see it somewhere?

I too would like to know about the tab, the sticky to hold it on my sewing machine did not hold and used every one of the tiny sticky squares still after 2 days slid off of the top or side tried both places.

Quote Originally Posted by quilter41
    Don't buy the one at Joann's that is on the Notion Wall for $15.99. Even with coupon not worth a darn.
    THANKS for the warning!

Quote Originally Posted by quilter41
    Don't buy the one at Joann's that is on the Notion Wall for $15.99. Even with coupon not worth a darn.
    Thanks for the info. I just ordered one from quilters warehouse and an extra sticky tab for my other machine. The light is 24.99. I did check on line at Walmart and their price is $45.00 for this light.

Just bought the Command strips hope these hold that tiny light on!
    No Joanns sad to say anywhere near me so won't look at that light!
    KK

Yea, I had trouble with some of my little sticky holders too. Still have a couple of them hanging on one of my machines. I do love the light though!! It's great for taking to guild or sewing places that don't have very good lighting!

ns
    A friend of mine who is also a quilter, bought the light and she loves it. It attaches right to the machine by the needle. I have not got one yet, but may.

So what is the cureall for making it stay if the strips don't hold? Command Strips were mentioned; are they sold separately elsewhere? Not familiar with them so what are they initially used for? I want the light but don't want to order until I know all details.
    Thanks!

I agree, I do find after putting the Command sticky things on that if when I am thru for the day if I take the stress off by winding the stretch wire thingy on the top of the machine. It rests there and does not hang as when it is on and being used.. Does that make any sense????

I love my Ott Light - goose neck works great

Goose neck is the wire thingy that I was describing. haha!

I'd be leary of putting anything magnetic on a computerized machine. I bought a cheapy and it vibrated and made it worse.

Blog Entries
    I found some of these little bendable lamps on eBay, 2 for $19, with velcro fasteners. They are as good as the $40 ones. Don't pay $40!!! There are plenty of alternatives out there.

I have it and bought a 2nd holder so I could use it on both of my machines. It is the best thing. I also have an Ott light but like you said, this little thing shines great light right on the needle. I think it is worth every penny

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzydene
    Our state quilt guild sold these as a fundraiser and it is the BEST light I have ever seen or used. It is extremely bendable and holds in any position. It is bright (LED) and lights up an exact spot.
    It is sold at IKEA and is called JANSJO. The general IKEA # is 19972. The specific number for the pink one is 301.696.72, the red one is 301.696.72. It also comes in black and silver. BTW, it is electric and does not connect to your machine. And the fundraiser price was $15.00
    Thanks for the link, these look perfect for the dorm room for my son. I Love that it's low on energy use as well. I like the long bending neck & would probably like it next to my chair for sewing with my feet up.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I found some of these little bendable lamps on eBay, 2 for $19, with velcro fasteners. They are as good as the $40 ones. Don't pay $40!!! There are plenty of alternatives out there.
    Do You have a photo of these bendable lamps??

I got one as a gift and love it so much, I bought a second one for my other machine so I wouldnt have to fuss with taking it off one to use on the other. It does shine right down on the needle area and works great. Worth every cent.

This is my first post. I thought of purchasing this light; however, I have a couple of issues regarding it that no one has mentioned yet. I wonder if the sticky adhesive can be removed if I want to sell my machine. The other thing I don't like about it is the cord. I am looking for a light just like this one (bendable, LED lights, adheres to machine). I was hoping for a battery one (hate the cord idea all together). I also want it bright! Is there anyone here that knows of such a light? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Teresa

Could you give some more information on the fishing light at walmart. I have looked for it and can't find it. Thanks

Blog Entries
    I find the bright light from an LED lamp is way too harsh and causes eye strain. Much prefer the warmer light from an old-fashioned bulb or a halogen. Never tried an Ott.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrize1230
    This is my first post. I thought of purchasing this light; however, I have a couple of issues regarding it that no one has mentioned yet. I wonder if the sticky adhesive can be removed if I want to sell my machine. The other thing I don't like about it is the cord. I am looking for a light just like this one (bendable, LED lights, adheres to machine). I was hoping for a battery one (hate the cord idea all together). I also want it bright! Is there anyone here that knows of such a light? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Teresa
    I bought these at this link:
    http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/led_duo_light.php
    They stick on, are battery powered, and are bright...but like I said above, I do not care for the light given off by LEDs.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7