Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
best quilt shops in Lancaster County, PA? >

best quilt shops in Lancaster County, PA?

best quilt shops in Lancaster County, PA?

Old 06-02-2014, 08:58 AM

Default best quilt shops in Lancaster County, PA?

I'm going to Pennsylvania late Sept/early Oct. We're going to do the tour at the Hershey Factory and then travel to Lancaster County, PA, before heading back to Ohio. Quilt shop recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle
Old 06-02-2014, 05:25 PM

Check Burkholders in Denver PA. It's my favorite.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:54 AM

My personal favorites are Old Country Store (now that it's re-opened!) and Quilt and Fabric Shack in Bird-in-Hand. Fabric Shack has the nicest and largest selection of flannel of any store I've ever been to. Zooks in near Old Country Store as well. Pick up one of the little yellow fold out papers listing points of interest in the area. Will give you a rough map of where everything is and how far apart as well as list most of the shops in the area.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:28 AM

do them all, it's fun
Old 06-03-2014, 03:42 AM

Old Country Store has reopened??? Woo Hoo!!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:10 AM

general store in Quarryville. There are outlets in Lancaster also if you are so inclined.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:25 PM

I love Sauder's (Denver) and Zook's (Intercourse?) they are "sister" stores, and have tons of fabrics at reasonable prices. If you want a "tour guide" I would love to meet for coffee... I live about 20 min from Sauder's and 45 min from Zooks
Old 06-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Log Cabin, in Bird In Hand.
Sylvia's, right down the road, so also in Bird In Hand.
Sylvia has a main shop with both fabrics (yardage) and a large selection of quilts all ready for purchase.
she also has a big room across the parking lot with a dizzying selection of pre-cuts (fat quarters to yards & half-yard cuts.)
Old 06-04-2014, 05:06 PM

There's another quilt shop with reasonable prices next to the Amish View Inn (which is fairly large). The quilt shop is easy to miss, because it's small. The name is something simple like "Quilt fabrics." It's 5-10 miles west of Zooks on the same side of the road.

Obie's Country Store, 1585 Main St., Goodville, Pa. 17528. I've heard this is one not to miss for older fabrics. I'm told it's piles & piles of fabric that look like they will tip over on you. I haven't been there yet.

Sauders has a lot of fabrics, but it's down a basement, and I have trouble with stairs. I would just go to Zooks since they're easier to get in and out of.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:17 PM

I really like Log Cabin. They have some unusual things besides just fabric. Zooks and Sauders are great. Old Country Store always had a great variety. As for Obie's, wow, is that a scary place. It is SO overcrowded that you really can't see anything. The bolts are stacked on shelves with the ends facing out in huge piles. You need to tell the workers what you are looking for. We were told not to touch anything- ask for help as a stack of bolts had fallen on a customer. We DID notice metal shopping carts filled with fabric on the stores porch when we parked. That was a clue to what was inside. To be honest, there was nothing I needed bad enough to buy there. It was beyond claustrophobic. I felt like I was in a tunnel maze. Once was enough. It was definitely an experience.