Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy of Kansas
    Izy, what size were those blocks? I like the size of those!!
    Do you mean in the charity quilt, I think they must have been 12" :D

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Yes they were 12" FINISHED so when we start we need to talk 12 1/2 " size. This wonīt be so difficult as the stars because I KNOW some of those blocks didnīt come out to the 12 1/2"

Elle

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Mamma that flower is absolutely awesome, but would take some work I think.

Elle
    It is gorgeous, but way too difficult for my skill level :roll: !!!! I do have some lady slipper batik fabric made especially for a MN shop hop that I could use as a fabric in whatever block I make, so that would KINDA tie in the MN flower !

Blog Entries
    Yes they were 12" FINISHED so when we start we need to talk 12 1/2 " size. This wonīt be so difficult as the stars because I KNOW some of those blocks didnīt come out to the 12 1/2"

Elle
    Hmmm...Elle, you sound awfully SURE about that block NOT ending up the right size!!!!! :lol: :lol: This is sounding like a lot of fun...so when will you be starting the new thread for this or have you already and I just haven't checked? I love the charity quilt your group made with all Izy's hard work on it too!

MINE ARRIVED!! YAYYYYYY!

I'm so far behind the eight ball it's not funny, sorry! :-)

I've been away for the last nine days house sitting for a friend who has no internet and is miles away from anywhere. I missed you guys, but took a whole lot of sewing and had an absolutely marvelous time on my own, sewing for a whole week!

Was so excited to arrive home tonight and see my blocks waiting, they're just gorgeous and way better than I expected!

And yes, the no name block that someone said was mine was correct, sorry again! Was in such a panic to get them posted in time I forgot about labelling them.

I love the idea of the flower challenge, would there be some kind of consistency with a background colour to make sure they all "go" together?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    MINE ARRIVED!! YAYYYYYY!

I'm so far behind the eight ball it's not funny, sorry! :-)

I've been away for the last nine days house sitting for a friend who has no internet and is miles away from anywhere. I missed you guys, but took a whole lot of sewing and had an absolutely marvelous time on my own, sewing for a whole week!

Was so excited to arrive home tonight and see my blocks waiting, they're just gorgeous and way better than I expected!

And yes, the no name block that someone said was mine was correct, sorry again! Was in such a panic to get them posted in time I forgot about labelling them.

I love the idea of the flower challenge, would there be some kind of consistency with a background colour to make sure they all "go" together?
    Great, however, we will wait until this one is finished and everyone has got their blocks, okay. I am still waiting for mine and so are a couple of others Canadians mainly I think. There will be a background chosen so that everyone will have the same background.

Okay.

Elle

Elle

Blocks received. Thanks everyone that played this was fun.
    Texasquilts

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    [quote=ButterflyspainThere will be a background chosen so that everyone will have the same background.
    [/quote]

great idea about the common background - will make everything look much better when put together.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat

Elle
    Hmmm...Elle, you sound awfully SURE about that block NOT ending up the right size!!!!! :lol: :lol: This is sounding like a lot of fun...so when will you be starting the new thread for this or have you already and I just haven't checked? I love the charity quilt your group made with all Izy's hard work on it too!
    Well I am not as sure as all that, obviously if you were going to applique then thats aforegone conclusion but if we do PP thats going to be different.

You havenīt missed it just waiting for everyone to get their Block first.

Hooray, got my blocks today from jstitch and I am very happy.

Will post tomorrow, very busy with some other plans at the moment.

Who hasnīt received their blocks ???????

Elle

I GOT MINE!!!!!!
    They're all so, so gorgeous!!!!
    I just have to wait now and decide how to finish them.

For the next one another thing to consider is whether to have blocks on point or not?

Blog Entries
    Hooray, got my blocks today from jstitch and I am very happy.

Will post tomorrow, very busy with some other plans at the moment.

Who hasnīt received their blocks ???????

Elle
    Can't wait to see your Elle!!! I have mine in a nice stack until I get time to work with them. I've gotten them out a couple of times just to pet and admire them :wink:

Hi well here are my blue & White stars and I am thrilled with all of them.

Mgshaw,
    Dorothy of Kansas
    Quilter1962 Tisha
    Sewsewquilter
    K Goodhand
    jstitch
    Marcia in Georgia
    CathieG
    Quilt Queen
    Sazumidlands
    Baren*en*ked canadian
    Mine
    They all made it safely to Spain
    Heres a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    How is the mail man faster to get to spain that to MONTREAL... uh, I live in a major city!!

Blog Entries
    Elle, thats a great collection of stars and they look fantastic together! So...have you decided yet? I still have mine in the envelope. I have waaayyy too many things going right now to try to figure it out...I hate it, but they will have to wait. :roll:

Me to Patt, canīt think about it now. Got a few things in the pot at the moment. Thats good in a way,because I get to think about it for longer.

You get what I mean :wink:

I was wondering the same thing about themail being faster to Spain then to anywhere in Canada!!??!! I live in a border town! It is not like I live in the middle of nowhere!!! "breath" I guess they will get here soon! I just keep reminding myself to relax! :?:

Blog Entries
    Yes, K and Baren...don't know why yours are taking longer, but surely you will have them soon!

Elle...I do know what you mean :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by KGoodhand
    I was wondering the same thing about themail being faster to Spain then to anywhere in Canada!!??!! I live in a border town! It is not like I live in the middle of nowhere!!! "breath" I guess they will get here soon! I just keep reminding myself to relax! :?:
    Well how about this, I know for sure parcels have been sent from England to me 8 days ago they havenīt arrived but one posted from Hong Kong is here after 7 days. Cīmon Mr Postie bout time you got on your bike.

Elle

Ahhh Butterflyspain......finally got your blocks......whoooo hooooo....and you got one of mine....good luck on figuring out what to do.....I just thought enough and done something simple....

On the mail......I send everthing priority....regular mail they can take when ever ....We sent a package to our Son in Africa and it took 3 months.......the priority was there the next shipment.....go figure......maybe this will help everyone waiting on things for the future....I sent my blocks priority and got them back first I think.....that had to be why........welll anyway it's food for thought....>.....:-)

Quote Originally Posted by gcathie
    Ahhh Butterflyspain......finally got your blocks......whoooo hooooo....and you got one of mine....good luck on figuring out what to do.....I just thought enough and done something simple....

On the mail......I send everthing priority....regular mail they can take when ever ....We sent a package to our Son in Africa and it took 3 months.......the priority was there the next shipment.....go figure......maybe this will help everyone waiting on things for the future....I sent my blocks priority and got them back first I think.....that had to be why........welll anyway it's food for thought....>.....:-)
    Well thanks for that. I was speaking to a friend who originally lived in S Africa and she is still waiting on her parcels they seem to take forever. She has just a village postman who delivers on foot to the surrounding villages, he is a very fit man.

Yes CathieG I was so happy to get all of my friends stars I havenīt figured what to do yet, still busy with wedding plans, but I am sterring towards something super in the middle and the stars all around. :? then again :roll:

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I finally got my stars!! Alleluia!!!
    They are beautiful! I showed a couple friends and they are already asking me how I am going to put them together! One friend suggested orange because it is the complimentary color to blue on the color wheel I guess! I don't know! I will wait and see! I have a few ideas now I just need to sit and stare!!!
    Thank you again ladies! This was my first exchange like this but as of right now it will NOT be my last!!!

altogether
    Name:  Attachment-29194.jpe
Views: 71
Size:  52.6 KB

missed a close up of the other six

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    I got mine!!! I GOT MINE!!!!!!

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 ... LastLast