Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bobbin woows >

bobbin woows

bobbin woows

Old 02-05-2011, 03:41 PM

My sewing machine was making noise and the bobbin thread was coming to the top. I got the book out and played for a weeks with all the tensions. Nothing. Stopped into the sewing store for advise. They suggested I needed a new bobbin case. So I reluntley bought a new one $40.00. Well lo and behold my machine is quiet and smooth and like brand new. The sewing store just looked at my old bobbin case and said Oh My.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Wonderful! Life is so much better when our machines are working properly. :thumbup:
Old 02-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned

I have 2 bobbin cases. One is on my Bernina and I never change anything.
The other I use if/when I ever need a different tension.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

Great idea, I have never thought about the bobbin case needing to be replaced. I must try to remember this. Would sure be cheaper than a new machine.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 PM

So happy that it was an easy fix...nothing more frustrating than a machine that doesn't work when we are in the mood to sew
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 PM

Just replaced my bobbin case about 2 weeks ago and what a difference it made I was missing the odd stitch every now and then. When I went to a sew in one of the ladies asked if I had ever replaced the case as she had the same problem. Ordered a new case now machine is not clunking and stitches are great!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 AM

I think that I may have the same problem. Have a Pfaff 7570 and when I am doing SID every once in a while I get a loop on the bottom. I think it would be wish to invest in a new bobbin case. I was given the machine so no telling how many stitches have been sewn on her. I am going to check it out right away... Thanks so much for the suggestion! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-06-2011, 07:23 AM

What was wrong with the bobbin case you broght in for them to say "oh my".
Old 02-06-2011, 08:12 AM

There wer some holes in if from when the needle kept falling out when I used my walking foot and the fuzzy thing on top was not fuzzy it was bare and the screw was lose. I never noticed the screw thing and even if I did I wouldnt have attempted to tighten it. Those tensions scare me.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
I think that I may have the same problem. Have a Pfaff 7570 and when I am doing SID every once in a while I get a loop on the bottom. I think it would be wish to invest in a new bobbin case. I was given the machine so no telling how many stitches have been sewn on her. I am going to check it out right away... Thanks so much for the suggestion! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I just went upstairs and was messing with the bobbin case. I take a piece of dental floss every once in a while to the upper tention to make sure there are no little fuzzies that are stuck in the tention disks. I thought, why not the bobbin case?? I took a piece of the floss and ran it through the tention part of the case and out came a minut piece of fuzz. Did several tests on fabirc of all thinkness and folded, refolded and sewed many, many samples, No more loops on the back of my project. Saved me 40.00 for a while anyway...