Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt >

Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt

Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt

Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 PM

Default Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt

Anyone doing this quilt? I love mystery quilts and this will be my first Bonnie quilt.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 PM

Where do we find this? Is there a webiste? Has it started?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 PM

I am thinking of doing it. It's supposed to be "easier" than her last couple she said. I loved the her last mystery quilt, Orca Bay....but it's still sitting unfinished. I hope to *someday* get back to it!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:23 PM

She just gave out the first part of her instructions, choosing the fabrics, how much you'll need of each. Quiltville? I think that's her blog. It's called Easy Street http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/...sy-street.html

Try this link.

I've never done a mystery quilt, but I thought maybe I'd try
Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 PM

It is on her website called Quiltville (Bonnie Hunter ) she has a tab called "Easy Street" that is what she has named it this year she just today posted the fabric yardages. Bonnie says it is easier than her last 2. It starts November 23rd. But you will find all pertinent info on her site.http://quiltville.blogspot.ca/2012/1...sy-street.html

I have never done one of her mystery's but I am a fan of her work But I plan on doinghers this year. I wish I had done her Orca Bay but by the time I heard about it they had removed the clues

Last edited by frustratedquilter40; 10-31-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by frusratedquilter40 View Post
It is on her website called Quiltville (Bonnie Hunter ) she has a tab called "Easy Street" that is what she has named it this year she just today posted the fabric yardages. Bonnie says it is easier than her last 2. It starts November 23rd. But you will find all pertinent info on her site.http://quiltville.blogspot.ca/2012/1...sy-street.html

I have never done one of her mystery's but I am a fan of her work But I plan on doinghers this year. I wish I had done her Orca Bay but by the time I heard about it they had removed the clues
I know, i wish i had known about Orca Bay too...its lovely.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:27 PM

I really do live on Easy Street. That's the name of our street. We've lived here since 1988. Everyone always asks if "life is easy on Easy Street?" I say yes! As long as I can play with my fabric it's easy!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:09 PM

Yes, I am doing Easy Street! I have done her last two quilts (Roll,Roll, Cotton Boll and Orca Bay). I follow her colors, as I know they will come out beautiful. The colors this year are turquoise, lime green, purple, gray and white with black prints. Be sure to get the two rulers she recommends (Easy Angle Ruler and Companion Angle Ruler). She will give instructions for other ways to get the same results, but these rulers make it so much easier!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 AM

I'm debating. I have all the fabric other than the lime green. But I might just take the clues and put it together next year after I finish all of my other projects. I'm working on a Jacob's Ladder right now that I'm really excited about and a couple of string quilts (ala Bonnie Hunter) that I need to finish. I did the Orca Bay last year and really enjoyed it but have yet to get it finish (also on the list).
Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 AM

Thanks for the reminder. Yep, I am in for this one. I love Mystery Quilts.