Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Brother Dreamweaver XE versus Brother Dreamcreator XE

Brother Dreamweaver XE versus Brother Dreamcreator XE

Hello from Minnesota! I am hoping to get some expert opinions here I'm looking at getting a Brother embroidery machine and was wondering if anyone would give their opinion on the two different machines. The Dreamweaver XE versus the Dreamcreator XE? Thank you in advance!

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to the boards! Do you have a local dealer that you can see the machines? There is info on the site for the machines including the specs such as hoop size, screen size, etc. Some of the machines have upgrades to make them wireless.

Personally, I would consider the latest model as they generally have the upgraded features already.

There are different promotions and package deals with the different models too.

I have the Dream2 and love it for EMB!

Good luck

The dreamweaver comes with the muvit foot and has the laser for sewing. I love both. I love my dreamweaver
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Blog Entries
    step 1 - rob a bank.
    step 2 - do not get caught.
    step 3 - buy the newest brother embroidery model, the Luminaire.

a mere $20,000 MSRP

remember ... step 2 ... do not get caught.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

lol!

When I took my juki in for service, the dealer was talking to me about the Luminaire. I told him I haven't figured out my Destiny yet. He said if I traded it in, then I never would have to figure out my Destiny!
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

I was lusting after the Dreamweaver, but I just could not justify buying a machine that was worth more than my car, lol. I bought the Eversewn Hero instead.

Just about all of my machines cost more than my car, but then I drive junk. I ask a lot more of my machines that I do of my car.

I don't know about the different Brother machines but I do know that a local dealer was taking trade in's on the purchase of the new Luminaire machine. So there might be some pretty good deals on used machines that aren't really used. The local dealer was taking the older machines back at the same price they paid for them by crediting that amount on the new machine. Pretty good deal if you are invested that much into embroidery machines.

I bought the dreamweaver last fall. It was an upgrade from my Husqvarna. I absolutely love it. I certainly didn't pay $20,000 for it, I didn't pay more than $6500 for mine. Yes, it was brand new, and I got $500 trade in for my old sewing machine. I got a really good deal because I also paid in cash - not credit. Also, I'm in Canada, so that's $6500 CDN, not US!

It took me a couple of weeks to get the hang of it. I found the manual it comes with totally useless, but Rhonda K was amazing - thank you again Rhonda - at helping me out with some of my questions.

I've done tons of embroidery with this machine, and I've actually been able to finally to FMQ with this machine. I struggled so much with FMQ with my last machine, I had pretty much given up. Then I tried it with my new machine, and it was a breeze!

Marion,

You are so welcome! It's nice to know you are enjoying your machine. Happy to help just like someone helped me with the journey too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
    lol!

When I took my juki in for service, the dealer was talking to me about the Luminaire. I told him I haven't figured out my Destiny yet. He said if I traded it in, then I never would have to figure out my Destiny!
    You'd just have to figure out how to use the Luminaire and how to pay for it. I have a top of the line Viking with all of the hoops and I can't justify the money I'd lose trading it in. If I were to trade it in it'd be the Dreamweaver, I'd get the 1 because if you upgrade the software its the same as the two. I go to lots of events so I know what these two machines will do and what they run. The problem with buying at an event is while you get a discount you cant do a trade in. So for now, I'll keep what I have, one viking and one brother both are emb combo's.
    Judy