Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brothers 100 Stitch Computer Sewing Machine >

Brothers 100 Stitch Computer Sewing Machine

Brothers 100 Stitch Computer Sewing Machine

Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM

Default Brothers 100 Stitch Computer Sewing Machine

I am interested in this machine...........Does anyone on the board own this machine?........Please share you experience. I have the LT3750. Can you use any of the attachments of this machine on the Brothers 100 Stitch.?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 PM

A model number would help us, 100 stitch doesn't tell us much, most of their machines are 100 stitch. If you contact them directly they can tell you what feet work with that model, they always reply back in 2 days.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 AM

Is it the sq9050? i had my eye on the 9000 for a while but didn't buy.
my DD has an earlier version, cs6000. It is a nice, easy to use machine. We recently made travel bags using decorator fabric nad it sewed thru multiple layers fine. she has made several quilts on it since she has had it.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 PM

I recently purchased a Brother Project Runway...hmmm...80 stitch?...after my 15 year old Pfaff died...really died! lol I used it so much it gave up the ghost and Pfaff does not make replacement parts!!! THAT was quite a surprise given what those machines cost! I'm very sad to have lost it, and I DESPISE the inexpensive Brother machine I bought. I keep telling myself it will get better and I'll get used to it, but after about three months of constant use, I must admit, I still despise it. I should have returned it right away.

It's much too lightweight so I have to keep shifting it back into position. The presser feet on it are not user friendly in that most of them simply have one center hole, so if you do not have the stitch set properly the needle will bang against the foot, then the machine stops. Of course, you've now, again, ruined your needle, AND have a dent in your foot. I have no idea if the feet are interchangeable, but I do know that the Brother and Pfaff feet are not interchangeable. I had favorite feet on my Pfaff and cannot use them on the Brother.

Anyway, I'm thinking about selling it and digging deep again for a better machine. I sew way too much and have too little patience to put up with inferior products. Yep, you get what you pay for. =(
Old 05-04-2012, 07:11 PM

I have the 9000 and love it. It is a light weight and will shift when you're pushing a quilt through it, but I put some rubbery drawer liner under it and that solved that problem. I'm wanting a new one with a larger throat - for quilting the 4.5" distance from the needle to the side makes shoving a quilt through quite a challenge. But ... until that ship comes in I'm fine with my Brother.