Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Business License

Blog Entries
    I think charmpacksplus is right, i like the name Oceanside Stitches and Gifts. :thumbup:

FALL INTO OCEAN GIFTS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thismomquilts
    I like White Sands Gifts - I also agree with avoiding "handmade" I like the idea of specialty, unique, etc... hmmm...
    Dito for me too on this suggestion.

Blog Entries
    Ok... over the past year I have been home again with your two youngest. We've had a rough year and I knew I'd need to work somehow, but really feel it's time for me to stay home. I was going to sub again this year in a private school where I taught about 15 years ago. Then two parents asked me to tutor/teach their children along with mine. Not as good of an income as subbing but it's steady and it's income we can count on. PLUS, it allows me to be home. I can still sew because the children are all old enough to do alot of their work on their own after I show them how. I am getting the embroidery machine in two weeks and am hoping that will bring in more requests also. I am looking to get my business license but need a name - can you all help? A cousin of mine who just began selling quilts suggested Candy Corn Quilts - as it brings to mind fall, smells, colors and she figured the colors would be great. I agree but I live in FL where there is no fall. Yes, I can do this on Etsy but... I'll need to be local too. I live about five miles from the ocean, I love fall, I want this to include quilting, embroidery, and other sewing items. I thought about a name with gifts in it... then I can be varied. Handmade Gifts and then have the three words Quilting * Embroidery * Sewing underneath?Something like that - any suggestions?
    Custom Made Gifts, with the three words underneath. Handmade isn't as "honorable" today as it once was, but 'custom made' implies a certain amount of skill and professionalism. Just my two cents. :D

i hold a current license in the state of fl. if using your name in the name of your business, there was no cost for the license at the time of my purchase. things might have changed, but ask before you make your decision. new to this format as of today. katyd

Power Poster
    I have found that some people don't respond well to the words handmade or homemade. These are usually the people who do not doany crafts at all.

How about unique quilting, embroidery and sewing gifts?

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver70
    Ocean Breeze Quilt and Gift Shop
    I like this one too.

Seaside Specialty Gifts & Quilts?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How about Ocean breeze gifts and crafts. God bless.

Hi Mom,
    Several years ago I had a business in Murray, Utah. It was called "Artistic Accents by Elenore" I wanted something like this because I did more than just quilt. I did ceramics, tole painting, landscape painting and all kinds of crafts. Thar way I felt it covered everything I wanted to do and sell. Hope this gives you some idea. I am no longer in the business. Now I just quilt.
    Elenore

Blog Entries
    Rising Tide Quilt and Gift Shop

How about Rip Tide Craft Boutique..get it? Rip???

How about "Beach Blanket Creations" Or "Sunny Side Gifts"

I never dreamed this name thing would be so hard - Thanks again for so many suggestions.

Just thought of a name that covers it all - good enough for the north, south, east, west, now and forever.... "Sew Many Things" - What do you think?

Just thought of a name that covers it all - good enough for the north, south, east, west, now and forever.... "Sew Many Things" - What do you think?
    I like it

i lived in florida and was born in melborn florida, ,still love it.. what about the name ,storms at sea ,or fresh breath of air, this will have smell and the ocean air themes,for your fabric line and its cool..

I'm pretty sure I've decided the name but will need to file the corporation papers first!! :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3