Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Buying online

With the price of good fabrics in Australia (the ones I want, anyway) being up to three times the price of those in USA, I would be barking mad not buy in the US. Even including overseas mail, I'm still laughing. I've so far had fabulous service from Virginia Quilters and E Quilters, and will continue to shop this way.

Blog Entries
    I buy a lot on line also,including furniture.Have bought furniture from 2 diff private sellers this yr.
    1st was a sewing cabinet/table I bought & was pleased with.Next was my "buy of the year",a Sleep Number bed.That trip was worth every mile.The bed was right size,like new...one yr old.barely used & being sold by ppl downsizing.Price was 1/4th the cost of new & he even gave me his receipt.
    Done buying furn...we have a small house & don't need a thing.I did my homework,shopping retail prices,looking on line & in stores.Then I get pics from sellers,then a ph number where we can talk to them,asking lots of questions.My offer to buy is "only if" the item is as described,when I see it.
    For on line fabrics, I add the sale price to shipping & sales tax (if applied) against retail price/tax at LQS.Don't figure gas because the LQS & Joanns are within a couple blocks of where I do my grocery shopping.These days,we all have to use our money as best we can. Works for me.

I buy lots online. Ebay store crows nest has great prices & service, thousands of bolts is great, Fabric shack, online & going there. My LQS has good prices also.
    Judi

Blog Entries
    I love buying online if I know the product, haven't had any issues. I love Hawthorne Threads, a lovely husband and wife business. Not cheap, but no higher than my LQS(which I love and buy from) I have used some of the above mentioned shops and have had no problems.

There are a lot of fabric stores on line I've never heard of. Is there a list on line of these sites?

I always buy on-line and have had good experiences with everyone

Blog Entries
    I work full time and finding time to shop is hard with all my other responsibilities/activities. Online is easy...I can multitask at home and buy fabric and do laundry at the same time!! :-)

I love buying online. I have purchased from the Quilting Hen, Connecting Threads, and Fat Quarters. I have not been disappointed. I love the anticipation of waiting for my package.

Janice,

I have used these sites:

The Old Country Store.com
    Missouristarquilt.com
    ConnectingThreads.com
    FabricGalore.com
    StitchinHeaven.com
    Thousandsofbolts.com
    Keepsakequilting.com

Hope these help.............From Janice (Texas)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    I pay my bills online now too. So much easier to do and to track back this way.
    I wish I could pay all my bills online, so much easier, no stamps to buy, don't have to use gas to get it to the post office...

Life is so much easier for sure...

I like buying online. Quilt shops are great and I like chatting with the employees, but they're not going to have every single fabric I want. We have a very small quilt shop in town (it actually was a large tool shed converted into a shop) so I have to go outside of town for more variety and the nearest one is half an hour away. Right now I need quite a lot of different Moda marbles and only one of the shops I regulary go sells them...I spent an hour or so picking out every Moda Marble they had, but they had only four of the colors I needed (okay six, but that's only because I found two purples that were a close match and gave into not being picky since I only needed an 1/8 of each).

So I've been buying a lot of Moda Marble fat quarters from a user named anielia for $3.68 (includes shipping) a piece. I've had no problems and has a very good reputation overall (in the past 12 months, only 5 negative reviews compared to almost 5000+ positive). I think a few of the green fabrics I bought for Joe's future quilt came from her, too.

I am in Australia and I order Marathon embroidery cottons before 4 pm one day and it is in the mail next day. Usually mail from Brisbane takes 2-3 days from any one else. You are so lucky to be able to order from great online places. There are a lot who do not send out of the U.S.A and Canada.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3