Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buying Too Many Quilt Books? >

Buying Too Many Quilt Books?

Buying Too Many Quilt Books?

Old 08-16-2013, 12:24 PM

You are not alone. I love looking thru the hardback/paper books and often take them with me on doctor visits and other places where I'm going to have to wait my turn. Seems like I see new things each time I flip thru one. And, everyone has something they collect, I just happer to collect all things related to quilting. LOL
Old 08-16-2013, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
If you find that you have quilt books you'd like to sell Victoriana Quilter has a section on her webpage where you can list them for sale at no charge. http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.co.../UsedBooks.htm
Oh, thanks for the tip. I have about 50 or 60 books and maybe 500 quilt magazines I want to sell so I will check out that site posthaste.
Marcia
Old 08-16-2013, 01:21 PM

Yay!! There are other people with the same addiction I have.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by marciacp View Post
Oh, thanks for the tip. I have about 50 or 60 books and maybe 500 quilt magazines I want to sell so I will check out that site posthaste.
Marcia
I took a look at the books for sale and I think they are way too expensive. I get lots of my quilting books off of Amazon by looking up book I want and checking out the "used" ones. Shipping is always $3.99 so I take that into consideration. Most of the books I buy with shipping are $10 or less. Such great bargains and the books are pretty new like 2010-2012.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:17 PM

I don't just have tons of Quilt books I also have Knitting books!! I did weed them out last year and donated a lot of both to my local used bookstore. The lady told me she didn't have a craft section until I started bringing books in to her. lol But my book shelves are still full.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:07 PM

I still love hard copy books. Just love to curl up with a good read or look at a good quilt book to get my imagination going. Somehow, I just can't see cuddling up with and e-reader. But that's me. I too have lots of quilting books and counted cross stitch pattern leaflets. If I live to be 200 they still won't be all done. But it's fun to dream and to look at them. Quilt magazines too. Goes with the territory it guess and no, I'm not stopping.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
Count me in. I have it B-A-A-D! And I don't feel guilty, so neither should you. They give us a lot of pleasure, and I figure, so many people spend so much money on cigarettes, drinking, and gambling, etc. and I do none of that. At least we have something to show for our money, right? And in the future all those books (and yards of fabric, patterns, etc.) can be resold if necessary. Feeling better now? Lol! (I'm pretty good at justifying....)
I agree...no cigarettes, drinking or gambling here either. But plenty of quilting supplies for me and carving supplies for hubby. We are both suckers for a good book, no matter how old. Just collecting for future inspiration. And if nothing else I can dream and maybe make a quilt or two!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by quilting in my60s View Post
I took a look at the books for sale and I think they are way too expensive. I get lots of my quilting books off of Amazon by looking up book I want and checking out the "used" ones. Shipping is always $3.99 so I take that into consideration. Most of the books I buy with shipping are $10 or less. Such great bargains and the books are pretty new like 2010-2012.
I agree that the one's I saw listed are way too expensive. The one's I have for sale are more in
line with Amazon - at least half off retail, and some even less.