Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Board members...

Thanks again to all of you for your warm welcomes and encouragement.

Thank you, I will check it out. 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Welcome Tonsau! :D When I got back I really enjoyed the BOMs, (Block of the Month) on the board. You can choose which ones and it is just one square. Before you know it you have enough to make a throw or wall hanging.

Hey, hit up that brother of yours for some of his stash.... ;)
    Yeah, I know he has a lot...lol! 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    My sister just joined the group. Hurray for that. She's kinda been in a sewing slump for a while now and needs some motivation. I know I can count on all of you to help me get her going again. Just a nudge and some gentle persuasion. Come on Tonsau7, YOU CAN DO IT!!! Just 10 minutes at a time is all it takes to get you going again. Remember, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Your are the best brother ever! Way to go, and sis, if this mouse can drag her hiny to the machine, kicking and screaming, at first....
    I know you can do it.
    It's not that I don't want to sew. My head wants to.
    It's that I let my thinker become a stinker.
    I get to procrastinating and it becomes a circle, and I am stuck.
    When I finally do one thing, anything, and bust out of it, a little each day...usually by the second day, I am off and quilting again.
    I am probably one of the slowest on here, but I shall not give up!!!
    Sometimes I'm just cheese deficient :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    I have a super easy link for making chemo caps. They look like surgical caps, but are reversable and they also tie in back. Each one takes an hour or less, start to finish to make, and if you use material that is under $5 a yard, it ends up costing less then $2 a cap....if that. You can also (using a serger to avoide thick seams) sew scraps together to make a very pretty cap from the pattern. I posted a few, if you want to go to my link, where the pattern link can be found, and samples shown. I'll post below the link and you can decide. It is fun and easy and helpful to those wth cancer who otherwise have to pay to cover a bald/balding head. The link is for adults and childrens caps.

Vickey Stamps

Tonsau7, Welcome and read the boards`and you will learn a lot, and find great ideas!!!

Blog Entries
    scroll down if you want the link for the chemo sewn caps. It has the word Bev's in it with my name to the left. I hope this is found useful. The manager at my small American Cancer Society, says there is always a need for these caps. The only condition of use for the link is that is it personal or a 'give-a-way' and not made for sale. Hope I grabbed the right link here. Good luck and hope you will love the board as much as i do.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56344-1.htm

Vickey Stamps aka wordpaintervs

Start with a small project first, not a queen sized quilt, it would discourage you. Then go on the chat board and say hello. Before you know it, you will become and avid quilter with many quilts behind you. You'll see your improvement with each one you make and you get a lot of encouragment from this board. Welcome, Tonsau7 from Canada

Welcome to the board. Funny! You are just human after all. We all can relate. Now get going.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiscoot
    Start with a small project first, not a queen sized quilt, it would discourage you. Then go on the chat board and say hello. Before you know it, you will become and avid quilter with many quilts behind you. You'll see your improvement with each one you make and you get a lot of encouragment from this board. Welcome, Tonsau7 from Canada
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56344-1.htm

Hopefully this will give you the link to the chemo caps...scroll down a little ways and look for my name (wordpaintervs) and a link with bevscottage...or something in it, and you will find the caps pattern.

You're sure to find motivation here! These gals are not only prolific - they're talented, interesting and oh so knowledgeable! Welcome to 'the board'; wanna be chairman?

Welcome to the board tonsau7. You could get some fat quarters and make a pillow or table runner.

Nancy from Michigan

Welcome aboard!! Pull up a chair, make sure you have your pins, rulers, sewing machine nearby :)

Hello and welcome!
    I throughly enjoy this board and read it daily for inspiration but I have never written anything before. SO, you have already had a positive effect!
    I am in the process of moving for the third (yes, that's 3rd) time in the last 10 months. I have more fabric than I can take with me this time. There's quite a bit of blue and white, different prints. I'd be glad do give you it if you don't mind paying for shipping. If you have a particular style or colors (I don't have red) in mind please ask and I could probably fill a large flat rate box.

Welcome to the board sister....you can do it , especially with quilterguy27 helping you.... :thumbup:

Hi Tonsau7 sometimes I just need a fabric fix so try to go and visit a few close quilt shopes and chat with everyone while feeling the fabric. Creative juices will start to flow and you will come out smiling and ready for a new project by the end of the day and not have spent a cent.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancylou
    Welcome to the board tonsau7. You could get some fat quarters and make a pillow or table runner.

Nancy from Michigan
    there sure is alot of people from differant places in Michigan on here thats pretty cool.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Welcome! Sounds like you are on your way!

Welcome Tonsau7. If your looking for quality fabric at great prices Thousand Bolts is having a great sale right now, although seems to me if your brother wants to get you hooked again he could send you some. Your so lucky to have a relative to encourage you. We'll be waiting for the posting of your next project.

Welcome Tonsau7. It's great to have you here on the board. Sometimes all it takes is a nudge to get started in the direction of your sewing machine, so grab a couple of fat quarters, and consider yourself nudged!! :lol:

Have fun!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mawmawbeve_60
    Welcome tonsau7....hope u enjoy your self here!
    Welcome Tonsau7,

Just to break the ice, your brother has posted pictures of your lovely treadle machine over on the vintage machine thread....would you mind telling us about this machine...do you use her for your sewing or do you have another machine that you prefer to use?

This is such a great place to spend some time every day...the people here are wonderful....

Again, we are so glad that you have joined us.

Hi Tonsau7. I also live in NWA -- lots of guilds and friendly people in this area. Go to the local quilt shop and ask--they're more than happy to get you connected to other sewers/quilters. Also this group is great to give links to free patterns as well as encouragement and ((hugs))!! Welcome aboard.

Blog Entries
    oh joy.. another sister combo.. My sister and I are both on here and just love this place. I'm not sure what we love more.. the sewing inspiration or reading the posts or getting to know the people.. It's a wonderful place.. So welcome aboard!

Blog Entries
    read some quilting magazines and drool and get inspired

Go girl. I find looking through quilting magazines gets me going. Then I want to make everything in them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast