Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Board members...

Blog Entries
    Visit a quilt shop. That will get you going with all the finished projects they have for samples. Gets me everytime.

Huggggggggs tonsau7, welcome to the board!! When you start checking out some of the photos on here, it won't be long before you find things you can't resist wanting to make. I'm a beginner and my list is already longer then the number of weeks I've been quilting. LOL
    My stash is growing as I refine the skills of stalking the bargins to be found in thrift stores, craigslist and yard sales. My scissors and seam ripper are sharp and ready to reduce old clothing into usable quilting fabric.
    Goodluck in your search and let us know what you find!! Inquiring minds want to know.
    Smilesssssss, Linda aka wildyard

Quote Originally Posted by Emma S
    Welcome Tonsau7. If your looking for quality fabric at great prices Thousand Bolts is having a great sale right now, although seems to me if your brother wants to get you hooked again he could send you some. Your so lucky to have a relative to encourage you. We'll be waiting for the posting of your next project.
    LOL Emma!
    I am sending her some. Anything to help get her back into the swing of it again.

debbieumpress I love you singing kitty. Reminds me of DH when he goes out to the garage to do some karaoke. Reason is I can't stand loud noises and he had the music upLLLLLOOOOUUUD no wonder he is going deaf. :thumbup:
    Tansau7 welcome to the clubs plural--to quilting and to this site.

Welcome Tonsau7, if you need some motivation look at the pictures posted by the members of this board. When you get finished looking you will probably have a list of "to do's" as long as your arm.

Welcome! Just a warning as one of the members stated the other day. This is addicting. But a good addiction.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, there are two block programs going on right now. We would love for you to join. its at your own pace. One is the one Rhonda is doing, and the other one is the farmers wife. you only have to do a couple blocks a week. Please come and play with us. Rhonda does some amazing blocks, that as soon as I weep out another jean quilt. I am going to start, and catch up. because I am doing both block programs. It would be a great way to get you on your feet again. the farmers wife you will need to get the book, and the post says closed, but just jump in and join us.. Please. God bless.

Blog Entries
    Hi Tonsau7, 10 minutes reading the board and that should get the juices flowing. Welcome !! You go girl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats8e8
    Hi tonsau7, welcome to our group, we will support you when you start sewing again. Start with something small, like those Farmer's Wife blocks. They are fun to do and you can see the pictures of what they look like. Do a couple of those, they don't take much fabric at all. How's Doug doing?
    Hey Pat:
    I'm doing well. Just sewed my first block last night since my surgery. It took a while, but I got it done. I really tried not to overdue it, but I was also up at 3 this morning taking pain meds. Still following doctors orders and doing my exercises. All is going well, just toooooo slooooow for me. I'm ready to be better. Thanks for asking.
    Hey Doug, better behave, remember sister's watching now!

Blog Entries
    Listen to Flylady...she says you can do ANYTHING
    for 15 minutes at a time.

You can do a lot in that 15 minutes, and doing that each day will eventually give you a family heirloom that will soothe your soul!~

Quilting is additive..quilting is art...quilting is what connects us to our fore-mothers who go back to the woman hunched over a fire in a cave, cutting up worn out tiger skins to make her babies a warm covering.

welcome to the site if you need help this is the place to come , so remember when you get going and start on your next project there will plenty of help in here and when you get done we would all love to see it

Welcome to the board! Keep trying and soon you will see that you have sewn a whole quilt or something of equal value!! We all have our slumps, hang in there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Howard
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats8e8
    Hi tonsau7, welcome to our group, we will support you when you start sewing again. Start with something small, like those Farmer's Wife blocks. They are fun to do and you can see the pictures of what they look like. Do a couple of those, they don't take much fabric at all. How's Doug doing?
    Hey Pat:
    I'm doing well. Just sewed my first block last night since my surgery. It took a while, but I got it done. I really tried not to overdue it, but I was also up at 3 this morning taking pain meds. Still following doctors orders and doing my exercises. All is going well, just toooooo slooooow for me. I'm ready to be better. Thanks for asking.
    Hey Doug, better behave, remember sister's watching now!
    LOL! I know, wink, wink. I'm on my best behavior now.

Welcome! I'm a newbie here too and have been made to feel very welcomed. You'll love this group. So ---- pick a project and go, go, go. You can do it.

welcome Tonsau7! A lot of beautiful friends here, our hearts are held together with thread and we become like pearls on a string. You are one of the new pearls.

A big welcome to Tonsau7. Just sit down at the machine!!! Once you start - it is easy to become addicted! Go for it! But watch out - time does fly!

By the way, QuilterGuy27 - I love your Avatar! The dog is sooo cute! Can you tell I'm a dog lover?
    My sister just joined the group. Hurray for that. She's kinda been in a sewing slump for a while now and needs some motivation. I know I can count on all of you to help me get her going again. Just a nudge and some gentle persuasion. Come on Tonsau7, YOU CAN DO IT!!! Just 10 minutes at a time is all it takes to get you going again. Remember, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Welcome Tonsau7! If you need a nudge & inspiration then you came to the right place. This board is the best. So get your sewing machine ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty's Mama
    A big welcome to Tonsau7. Just sit down at the machine!!! Once you start - it is easy to become addicted! Go for it! But watch out - time does fly!

By the way, QuilterGuy27 - I love your Avatar! The dog is sooo cute! Can you tell I'm a dog lover?
    My sister just joined the group. Hurray for that. She's kinda been in a sewing slump for a while now and needs some motivation. I know I can count on all of you to help me get her going again. Just a nudge and some gentle persuasion. Come on Tonsau7, YOU CAN DO IT!!! Just 10 minutes at a time is all it takes to get you going again. Remember, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Thanks Rusty's Mama:
    He's my little (92lb) baby genius, lifesaver, partner, friend, link to independance, eyes, adjetive, adjetive, adjetive. I could just keep going on an on. His name is Wolfgang.

Welcome Tonsau7. Make a few potholders- quick, easy and small.

Welcome Tonsau7, if you can stay away from this board, you just might get something started and finished. Lots and lots of friendly posts, and pictures to inspire us all

Blog Entries
    Hey Tonsau7, if doing repair sewing is getting you back in the sewing mood you must be good. Repairs are enough to ake me pack the machine away. Give me scraps anytime.

welcome, Welcome WELCOME!!!!
    No project has to be overwhelming. Just 5 or 10 minutes of sewing while the laundry is in the washer, or waiting for the potatoes to boil, and voila! It's amazing how much you can get done in 1 week, then 1 month!

I like the word slacker... good idea..welcome to the new comer.

10 minutes - my 15 minutes minutes a day of hand quilting turn into an hour. (now that the gkids are back in school) Just take the 1st steps.

welcome sister quilter, just look at the pictures of the
    quilts on here and you'll want to put them on your to do list.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast