Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Came for quilting inspiration and found a Friend

When I found this Quilting Board I was so exicited, I found so much inspiration , beauty, wealth of knowledge and of course help, I even found Bow Tuck Fever. Everyone is so talented and shares readily with one another and I sure appreciate that.
    What I didn't see coming was a new local friendship. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet OraLee ( Cindy ) last night. What a delightful sweet person. We had such nice time talking and sharing. Cindy, thank you for inviting me into your home, I am looking forward to our next visit..... and thank you to who ever created this board and all those that keep it going. :)

This is so cool! Isn't it great to meet someone who shares your love of quilting?

Blog Entries
    that is awesome, I have also met others on this board in person, chatted by phone, private messages and live chat

Connecting with people we share quilting with is one of the best parts of this board. I get to meet a board member tomorrow for coffee. We found out yesterday that she only lives a few blocks away. I have been given so much support on the board and have received help, not only for quilting but for going through life's trials. I am so grateful for the members of this board.

Gal
    Me too!! I joined to look for help and inspiration and I made a new friend in Australia, we e-mail each other, and talked on Skype for the first time the other week, so exciting!

Gal

Blog Entries
    Smiling, I am happy to hear that friendships come about, I have made contact with one myself from the board and hope to soon meet up and have a grand ole time and form a Friend in Quilting relationship!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    That is wonderful.. I talked to Leaha on the phone the other night and I so enjoyed the conversation. I can't wait to meet.

I, too, am so glad to have found this board! It has a flavor all it's own....there is so much talent here, everyone is so helpful, and I must send a "Shout Out" to our Moderators who keep this board on track...your efforts are appreciated! I think that one of my favorites (besides all of the talented quilters) is the management of topics. Everything is so orderly, there is no frustration in looking for something--so once again, THANK YOU....and that is for all of the wonderful members who really make this board the best by sharing your talents and inspiration with all of us!

I'd like to put in my 2 cents worth too....I have met a wonderful lady onboard and she has given me so much help, info & inspiration too, thru emails, ph calls and finally in person.
    There are many other's on board too that I have enjoyed chatting with and appreciate all who have given me great joy in learning to quilt & to share stories with.

I have also met someone and we are going to her guilr meeting at the end of the month. Are we not blessed!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Smiling, I am happy to hear that friendships come about, I have made contact with one myself from the board and hope to soon meet up and have a grand ole time and form a Friend in Quilting relationship!
    ditto! ;)

Blog Entries
    The friendships made here are awesome, it is so fun to meet other members!!!
    This is a wonderful place to be :D:D:D

Yes, it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    The friendships made here are awesome, it is so fun to meet other members!!!
    This is a wonderful place to be :D:D:D

Ditto the above. I enjoy coming in here, meeting everyone, seeing there work, hearing about their problems, seeing them through things, praying for them,
    and knowing that despite all our differences and opinions, we share a common love of quilting.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh how nice!!!! This board is so great and for so many reasons!!! :D Glad you found a new friend!!!

This really is an awesome place. I'm so glad you found a local friend.

I think it is so wondeful that we get to know each other through this forum. We all have so much in common [of course our love of quilts and quilting] and it is so much fun to share in ideas and just plain fun.

I too found a local quilter friend on the board. I used the Search and looked at all the California people and sent PM's and got several replies. Some are too far away but I found two who are fairly local. I have had a chance to meet one in person. What a morning we had sharing life experiences and quilting ideas. The other I'm planning on see soon. :-D

I love this board. It is so much fun seeing what everyone is doing and seeing all the different projects. It was wonderful to be able to meet some one from the quilt board that lives close and that we can get together with the love for quilting. Barbadeeba (Barbara and I had such a great time chating that time went buy so fast. Can't wait till the next time we get together. And thank you for living so close. Cindy

I met with Dmart this morning after meeting her on the board earlier this week. We agreed that it was providence that brought us together. We have so much more than quilting in common. I am thrilled with the new friendship. This is a world-wide board and I met someone that lives four blocks from me. It was a delight meeting her today.