Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Care to do the Blanket Stitch Dance....my first time!

Senior Member Darlene loves Chocolates's Avatar
    Today, I learn the blanket stitch....and I am unable to keep this to myself....
    I have been doing the blanket stitch dance in my head all day since I got home from sewing!

The ladies in my sewing group are always doing some handwork...and some of them say....you can do this too...try it and of course for years I have been saying soon I will try that! But right now I need to focus on my quilt and actually finish one....
    (I need to post a picture of my work on the board)....well, today I needed to learn the blanket stitch to do some work my quilt!

Oh....here come the blanket stitch dance....I am so proud!
    It is so easy...Now I see why you ladies love to do the blanket stitch it makes everything pop so nicely!

And I heard there is a special knot you use at the end of the needle????
    So many wonderful colors of thread you can match with the fabric.....all to be use with the blanket stitch....

I KNOW YOU WANT TO DANCE...GO AHEAD AND DANCE WITH ME!

do the blanket stitch....
    blanket stitch
    blanket stitch
    DO THE BLANKET STITCH !!!!!

You go girl! I am dancing along with you. I have tried to do the blanket stitch for several years now and just can't seem to get the hang of it. If and when I ever learn it, I will be doing a dance that will put this one to shame. LOL

Blog Entries
    Do the blanket stitch!!!! Dancing with ya! Isn't learning new stuff so much FUN

LOL, Its the little things that make us so happy!

I love the blanket stitch.....although I rarely use it..I have to keep re-learning it over and over again...LOL I do the same with french knots LOL

Power Poster
    Dancing with you! I love both hand and machine blanket stitching. I have this cool thicker black thread that makes machine blanket stitch look just like hand stitched blanket stitch for that old fashioned look.

Hilarious!! I get that way too when I learn something new. Love it. Enjoy!

Dancing along with you.

What are you talking about....slow down!!!!

French knot.....sounds like a pretty knot....
    I know it is....cause I have seen it on some crazy quilts!

I gotta get some new dancing shoes! And come up with a new song after I learn the French knot.....

In the meantime....I am off to the store...of course just to get some starter thread (BLACK AND FUN COLORS) and a few proper needles....
    SINGING ALL THE WAY.... b l a n k e t s t i t c h!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baysidegal
    I love the blanket stitch.....although I rarely use it..I have to keep re-learning it over and over again...LOL I do the same with french knots LOL

I gotta get some new dancing shoes! And come up with a new song after I learn the French knot.....

In the meantime....I am off to the store...of course just to get some starter thread (BLACK AND FUN COLORS) and a few proper needles....

OK Darlene......I'm doing the blanket stitch dance along with you. I can just picture you doing this dance. I am rolling on the floor laughing my butt off. Too funny. Your stitches looked great. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene loves Chocolates
    I have been doing the blanket stitch dance in my head all day since I got home from sewing!

The ladies in my sewing group are always doing some handwork...and some of them say....you can do this too...try it and of course for years I have been saying soon I will try that! But right now I need to focus on my quilt and actually finish one....
    (I need to post a picture of my work on the board)....well, today I needed to learn the blanket stitch to do some work my quilt!

It is so easy...Now I see why you ladies love to do the blanket stitch it makes everything pop so nicely!

So many wonderful colors of thread you can match with the fabric.....all to be use with the blanket stitch....

blanket stitch
    blanket stitch
    :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

darn.....can I say darn....went to the store and no thread!!!

they had yarn...but no E-Thread!!!!!!

so later this week...I will have to do alittle driving to the big city and get some thread and of course.....MORE FABRIC! ......
    guess on the way home.....I'LL BE SINGIN'....YOU KNOW.....

blanket stitch
    blanket stitch
    do the blanket stitch....!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Susie Quilter
    OK Darlene......I'm doing the blanket stitch dance along with you. I can just picture you doing this dance. I am rolling on the floor laughing my butt off. Too funny. Your stitches looked great. Keep up the good work.

blanket stitch
    blanket stitch

Darlene, did you go by Paula's? She has all kinds of DMC thread, and way too many colors. Happy shopping.

darn.....can I say darn....went to the store and no thread!!!

they had yarn...but no E-Thread!!!!!!

so later this week...I will have to do alittle driving to the big city and get some thread and of course.....MORE FABRIC! ......
    guess on the way home.....I'LL BE SINGIN'....YOU KNOW.....

blanket stitch
    blanket stitch
    do the blanket stitch....!!!!!!

blanket stitch
    blanket stitch

couldn't find any thread....

oh my....at the store....

didn't make it to LQS yet.....that was last week.....

but today I checked deep in my sewing box and found some thread....

BUT I NO LONGER KNOW HOW TO DO THE BLANKET STITCH.....KINDA FORGOT....lost my footing already.

uuummm....what was that song.....be back.....bye!

Blog Entries
    Yay!! That's an adorable stitch, I like it a lot. :)

Come on Monday and we will teach you again and again and again until you don't forget it. We missed you this past Monday.

Had a terrible headache again....a double headache....

But I am dancing again...or I think so!

Come on Monday and we will teach you again and again and again until you don't forget it. We missed you this past Monday.
    Okay....see you on Monday....I need dance lesson....my blanket stitch is not too good afterall...

unless I use my sewing machine and that is cheating!!!!!

Did you know there are a variety of blanket stitches.....oh my!.....have I got alot to learn.

LOLOL you just made my morning, I love it when people are happy and singing

even funnier ( is that a word funnier????).....

some of the seasoned quilters today all were showing me all different ways to do the blanket stitich....we were giggling and laughing....on how you separate the thread....it is a sexy method term.....anyway......I did not think this quilting thing....had sexy names to it!

Guess, I will have to sing my song....cause NOW I AM PRETTY GOOD AT THE BLANKET STITCH AND I AIN'T NEVER GONNA FORGET IT....NOR HOW TO SEPARATE THE THREADS.....nope, no more knots!

And were you strippin and strokin your thread? lol

even funnier ( is that a word funnier????).....

some of the seasoned quilters today all were showing me all different ways to do the blanket stitich....we were giggling and laughing....on how you separate the thread....it is a sexy method term.....anyway......I did not think this quilting thing....had sexy names to it!

Guess, I will have to sing my song....cause NOW I AM PRETTY GOOD AT THE BLANKET STITCH AND I AIN'T NEVER GONNA FORGET IT....NOR HOW TO SEPARATE THE THREADS.....nope, no more knots!

time for a new step....maybe a new song.....what NEW stitch will I learn on Monday?

I am pretty good at the blanket stitch....I have my own technique yipee!