Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cccooold

Blog Entries
    I'm. In Michigan freezing! My furnace died! The original company went out of business! Please pray we find the 1 part we need! Can't really afford to buy a whole new furnace!! Wwwaaahhh!

wrap up in a quilt!! Hey it is MAY, that means spring is here - hoping you warm up soon. {{{{hugs}}}}

Warm wishes & good luck in finding the needed part. I have not had the heat on for 2 weeks now. Had to put on a sweater this a.m. here in PA

Blog Entries
    I hope you can find the part soon!! It is cold here too :D:D:D

Warm wishes, I pray you find the needed part soon.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There must be a part out there!!! It would be awful to have to get a new furnace over one part.

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness, we had a beautiful weekend. It's the beginning of May, it's not supposed to be freezing outside!

I do hope you can find the part you need without having to get a whole new furnace. If you do, then you can start setting money aside now knowing that you're going to need one down the road at some point.

Good luck!

My husband was a HVAC tech for many years and the cost of the new one saves you enough money in fuel cost by buying a new one. Most companys will work out reasonable payments for you.

It's a cold spring here too. Very little planting has happened and the ground is wet and cold. I deliver seed potates for our farm and I am 2 1/2 - 3 weeks behind where I was last year. Buy yourself a little electric heater to warm up a room. It saves using the furnace and heating the whole house. Hope you find your needed part soon.

Can you believe this weather? Good luck in finding some type of heating. Some of the new space heaters work real well and cost less than they use to.

Good luck,

Lanny

I am sending sunshine and warmth your way...good luck..

Wish I could send some of our heat your way.....it's about 87 deg. here! And very humid.

Blog Entries
    I'm cold too, had 3 feet of snow on the weekend

Blog Entries
    What ever happened to those old fashioned, radiators that used hot water to warm the house? Those things worked quite well, and I'm sorry they aren't around much anymore.

And while I'm at it, another gripe that I hope to correct soon. That is the old Murphy bed. I'm now in my "Front bedroom" which has no bed right now, it's all sewing and computer and crafts, but with a guest coming for a few days I have to put up a temporary bed/folding cot with warm quilts. Another old song about "they don't make them like they used to".

Yes, that electric heater will sure help you if it's kept in one closed room. Wear a warm neck shawl, quilted housecoat, and even quilted house shoes with thick felt soles. I have a pair almost like that, with a pair of old Ragg socks (sold by LL Bean) sewed onto a thick felt bottom after they got holes in them. Keeps my feet toasty!

My DH is a HVAC repairman...if we lived close I'd send him over. Hope you get some heat soon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Painiacs
    I'm. In Michigan freezing! My furnace died! The original company went out of business! Please pray we find the 1 part we need! Can't really afford to buy a whole new furnace!! Wwwaaahhh!
    I am sorry to hear that Painiacs. I hope it gets warmer for you. I hate the cold.

Minky house coats are the way to go - saves on electricity too...only trouble is it will probably snow here soon...

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Painiacs
    It is so cold here in NW Wisconsin that our bird bath water froze. Hope you can find a part for your furnace soon.

Would be glad to share some of the hot, humid weather your way. It's already warm here in Florida and getting warmer every day. Icky sticky days.

I'm sorry to hear your problem. Cuddle up in a warm sweatshirt and a quilt or two. Anyone living in the "North" can relate. Brrrr.

I hear you with cold my furance works but I am running out of money to buy wood it is all I heat with. Was in 60s on Sunday and today Tuesday the high is going to be 46 and rain again. I to live in Michigan tip of the thumb I think spring has forgotten to come here. No snow but lots of rain and cool and windy!!!!

Hope you find your part soon I hate being cold!!!! Good Luck

Hoping you get the part real soon. Probably about 65 degrees here in Virginia. Just got through planting about 200 tomato plants. It is suppose to rain sometime today and tomorrow. Had a huge Easter egg hunt on Saturday, was a beautiful day.

Blog Entries
    Hate the cold.....won't complain about the hot days this summer!
    :lol: ;)

Blog Entries
    I thought spring was here, too. Got up this am and felt like winter all over again. Brrr.

We are receiving your cold weather down in Alabama. Tonight will be down to 41 degrees which is cold for May. I hope you find the part you are missing. Try doing a search on the internet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast