Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious. How many of you have your own long arm machines?

I have the Juki on a Gracie Sturdi Lite Frame just for my own use have done a few baby quilts on it actually my granddaughter uses it more than me she also uses my embroidery machine more than i do to. I think i buy all this stuff just for her to use makes for some really quaility time together fo us. mkay

On my wish list as well but just cannot justify the cost...I will continue to use my sewing machine....one day though..you never know...lol
    Kitty

I have the Pfaff 1200 on a Inspira frame and it works great for the number of quilts I do in a year. Maybe someday I will upgrade to a longarm.
    Lori - MamaBear

I own a 26" Innova with 12' frame. I owned another brand and had to sell it sadly. So when I bought my Innova I knew exactly what I was looking for. I didn't listen to my inner self and bought the 22" at first, I shortly upgraded after 7 months to the 26". I'm a shorty, but all that quilting room is a dream to work with. I LOVE my Innova and what I can do with it. I have the Circle Lord and Qbot installed on my machine, but I love to do freehand ruler work the most. I bought my long arm to finish my own quilts, but learned I loved LAQ that I soon started quilting for others.

Nolting Queen Bee - a stationary mid-arm on a 30" x 40" table - Love it!

re Long Arm

I have a Tin Lizzie for personal use.
    Lynda
    Fiber Artist/Writer
    VA + Ex-TX
    Tin Lizzie 18 Sit-down model
    Baby Lock machines
    other machines

Blog Entries
    Have a Tin Lizzy 18SL and love it.
    Quilting in the Desert

Another happy Tin Lizzie owner (since 2007) who quilts only for herself and charity - that keeps it fun!

I have a Handi Quilter Avante with the Pro-stitcher, love them both. Have had the Avante about 10 months and just got the Pro-stitcher for Valentine's day. Great product, user friendly, great tech support. Love it!!!!!!!

Hey, don't forget me! i have a Bailey 13" on a GMQ PRO frame.
    Love it and think it was the best investment I ever made.
    The Bailey Family is the BEST to do business with. You cannot beat home-grown businesses!
    They take great care of their customers. Their business depends on it!
    GO BAILEY!!!

June in Cincinnati

I have a Tin Lizzie 18 that my DH talked me into. We got a good deal from a local dealer--about what we would have paid for a used one but at least it came with a warranty. He had used it in his shop and taken it to a few shows so it was slightly used. Good thing it had a warranty since the "board" had to be replaced. I'm still learning--bought several quilt tops of various sizes for $10 or less each at a garage sale so I have practice pieces. Looking for continuous line quilting pattern sources. Found some on line and have purchased a few. It's a whole new world for me. Like someone much earlier, arthritic hands don't allow much hand quilting any more.

I have a Gammill Classic + and have been longarm quilting for clients for 8 yrs.
    Anne Freeman
    Hermon ME

I would love to have a LA but I don't have room for one unless I get rid of some of my machines--and that isn't likely to happen.

I don't have one my LqS does mine and I do love their work

I have a Crown Jewel 18" and love her.
    Kacy from OK

I have an HQ Avante. I love it but need to practice more.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

I have an HQ on a 12 ft frame, I love it. Right now it is for personal use, but did end up selling 4 quilts last year so that helped. have not tried quilting someone else's top, maybe in retirement.

My first long arm was a Tin Lizzie 18 which I liked and soon found out that I had a natural talent for freehand quilting and custom quilting so I started quilting for customers. Of course, that led me to wanting a longer throat--so since I was now quilting for customers, I could justify selling the Tin Lizze 18 and getting one with a longer throat. In Nov. I bought a APQS Freedom which I absolutely love. The payments are high but as long as I am quilting for others, I could justify making those payments, and in 5 years, it will be paid for and then I can decide if I want to keep quilting for others--or make more time to do my own piecing and quilting. I also work full time--but I love long arm quilting. It is like my relaxation time and I can't imagine ever selling my long arm!!!!

I have the HQ16, LOVE LOVE it. But I do quilt for others, almost all are those I taught to quilt LOL.
    After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

I have a Pfaff on a Grace GrandQuilter frame. I only quilt for myself or philanthropy quilts. It took up a whole bedroom and when our daughter moved home, instead of putting it in the living room I rented a studio. I LOVE that!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen in CA
    Babylock Ellisimo, Babylock Enlighten Serger, Janome 6600, Janome 760 for travel

I have a mid arm and love it!...
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    I have an HQ16 and wouldn't trade it for the world. After I priced out having quilts quilted, I decided I could justify the cost. There is a learning curve that I for one never thought about, but once I practiced a bit, I was hooked! I do an occasional quilt for a friend, but I don't want to get bogged down in customer quilts and not get what I want to do, done! :-) That's the selfish side of me speaking! LOL!!

Blog Entries
    I have a A-1 longarm.. love it.

I have a Tin Lizzie Queen Quilter Love it!

I own a Gammill Optimum Statler Stitcher but it is a few time, plus, job. Very little time to quilt my own quilts.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast