Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting table from JoAnn

I just bought that table last Friday on sale with the additional 25% off and it is WONDERFUL! I took it right home and put it together myself in about 30 minutes. Everything matched up perfectly, no scratches, no problems at all. I couldn't believe how good the quality was especially for the price I paid. And the height is great and will really pay off when I am cutting material.

Blog Entries
    I just bought this last week. The only thing when putting the hinges on is that you have to only screw them in part ways and once they are all in then tighten them up. The only thing that I did wrong was put the wheels on wrong. This only matters if it's folded down; something that I'll have to fix; eventually. I would take it back due to the gouge if nothing else. I almost took mine back but I'm going to wait until this weekend to try and cut on it. I'm only 5' and it looks like it may be too tall for me to cut on; we'll see. This table did get good reviews but like everything else there are lemons. I paid 69 for mine so that was good. How did you get the extra 25% off? I thought if it was on sale they wouldn't do any extra discounts.

Just because it was on sale is no reason to accept a used or defective product. If it was clearly stated that that was why it was on sale that is different. I'd just take it back and they will either give you another one or refund your money. If you get another one, I'd have the clerks unbox it there and check the surfaces. I've had to do that with some Ikea stuff as well. It's a pain, but making two and three trips is also.

Diana

I would immediately take it back. I don't care if it was on sale, it was not listed as defective, and it is!

Quote Originally Posted by rannyof3
    I'm on a VERY limited budget and was pretty excited about getting the cutting table at JoAnn's with the sale and extra 25% off, BUT, all went well while putting it together, UNTIL it came time to put the hinges on. I'm no slouch with tools, so I really did know what I was doing. The pre drilled holes didn't match. I should have checked all of the before I started, but didn't. My table is horrible and I'm thinking of loading it into the car today, assembled, and taking it back. there was also a gouge in the top. Maybe that is why they were on sale...
    OH DEAR!!!! :shock: I just ordered on form there and it is on it's way!!! I sure hope I do not have the same problem!!!!!
    Keep you fingers crossed for me!!!! :(

Do all of you have same thing in the Main {discussions} as the Pictures part. Mine is double of every thing ,an cant get into all of it. JoyceJ

I purchased one in January and have not had a problem with it. You should bring it back and open another one in the store.

sometimes things go wrong and it is not their fault. They will take it back and replace it. I had trouble with one and they exchanged it for me no questions asked.... If you explain the problem they will make it right. Sorry you had trouble with it though as they are really a nice table for the money. Don't forget your reciept though......

Blog Entries
    Mine was awful too. Got rid of it after a year! Take it back

I had the same problem wiht my table having holes in the wrong place. If my husband didn't have a welder to make a new piece, mine wouldn't have worked.

I have an extra one where are you at? I am in the North Bend area of WA.

I have an extra one where are you at? I am in the North Bend area of WA.

Blog Entries
    I saw those on sale when I got my refund check. Kinda glad I didn't grab one. It would definately go back to the store.

I had one of those several years ago and found it was not sturdy enough to cut fabric on so I sold it. This past winter I bought one from Walmart - about 30X72" - well, about the right size for a twin size quilt when I added s second one - made it 60X72". They were about $40 each and it's been the best investment I've made in years. They easily fold down, take very little space and are quite lightweight. I'd NEVER go back to the one from JoAnns!!! Just my 2 cents worth......

Yes take it back and demand an adjustment!

I am also having the same problem -- the Pictures list is the same as the Main discussion list...

Probably that since everything was slow today, that the Quilting Boards are having multiple problems on their end...

take it back. No need to start out with a gouge. maybe you can exchange it and the next one will be fine.

Got mine on sale at Christmas. I put it together and it is fine. I love using it. Think you just got a lemon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce j
    Do all of you have same thing in the Main {discussions} as the Pictures part. Mine is double of every thing ,an cant get into all of it. JoyceJ
    Yep, the digest is wonky today. Must be from the maintenance they did yesterday. ;)

Unless they advertised it "as is" you should take it back. Even with a discount, you should get a table without defects.

ABSOLUTELY take it back. I got mine a couple of months ago on sale and with a coupon. I paid $48 for it and it is awesome. My husband put it together with no problems and I love it. Have them give you another. Once you have a good one, you will not regret it.

Yes, take it back. I bought one from JoAnns also and mine turned out to be in excellent shape.

Blog Entries
    Take it back, looks like you got a defect. Check out your new one in the store, get someone to help you take it out of the box. It might be a pain, but then you don't have to go back again, everytime I got back to JoAnn's I just spend more money, lol.

I have four of these, two at my office and two at home. Mine were in perfect condition and went together just fine....Take it back and ask for a new one.
    Di in TX

If you take it back assembled, look at the floor display model. Tell them you want THAT one, then they can figure out what went wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast