Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cutting table from JoAnn

I received the additional 25% off entire purchase through email. I called the store before I went down just to make sure I could apply it to the table and the cutting mat that fits the top.

In reply to the comment about the height of the table, I am 5'8 so it is perfect for me but if you are short I could see where you would have a problem.

I also initially started to put the wrong roller in the slot but noticed they were different and referred back to the directions.

Yep, take it back. 25% off is not enough for these defects.

Thanks for the heads up I just received one for a birthday gift and haven't started assembling yet. I certainly will check out all the allignments before assembly to be sure it's not an all round problem. Thank You again for sharing and Happy Quilting again once this problem is resolved. :D

You definitely got a lemon. Have the table (years ago) and it should not look like this. Take it back.

kbs
    You need to take that back and complain loudly. Have them take the next one out of the box before you take it home. Shame on JoAnns

Blog Entries
    take it back!!! sale or no sale, who wants to buy junk.

Banned
    That's terrible....I bought one in the 80's....So much nicer than the ones they have now. DH made me a huge oak cutting table so I put the other one in basement!

By all means take it back. I have one of these tables and it is in great shape and easy to put together, with the help of my DH.

Sorry you had problems with yours. I purchased this table about 5 years ago and have not had any issues with it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrose
    Thanks for the heads up I just received one for a birthday gift and haven't started assembling yet. I certainly will check out all the allignments before assembly to be sure it's not an all round problem. Thank You again for sharing and Happy Quilting again once this problem is resolved. :D
    It's definitely not an all round problem. In fact, of the hundreds of comments I have read about these tables (and owning one myself) I have only heard of three people with issues. This one, one woman had screw holes that didn't quite line up and one woman that said the table was too tall for her. So, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this table to everyone!

a regular here
    Blog Entries
    Yes take it back.
    Dusty

take it back and don't feel bad about it. Some stuff is just not worth getting.

I had a problem with one I bought on their regular sale. W hen I went to attached the top to the base the screw holes were striped or too big, so it wouldn't hold. Also one side of the top was damaged. I called the store and explained the problem and that I had it mostly together already. They had me bring my receipt and the damaged pieces and replaced them with new pieces out of another box. That way I got to check out the replacement pieces. I've had it for 4 years now and love it. So contact Joann's and talk with a supervisor. It would be terrible to have to take whole thing back. Good Luck!!

Sale or not, you deserve better quality. Take it beck.

Take it back and hit the thrift store to find a dining table for a fraction of the cost. With your tool skills you can tighten loose legs.
    Last summer my kids and I were driving across town when we spotted what looked to be a dining table on the curb. When we turned around the block there was a man with a pick up truck checking it out but couldn't lift it on his own. We were stopped about 1/2 way down the block watching him. I joked with my 13 year old son (who is a all of 85 lbs)to jump out of the van run down there, jump on the table and lick it to claim it. Before I could retract my words he jumped out the van ran past the man getting into his truck dove onto the table and began hugging it.I laughed so hard as the man bewildered at our playful scene drove away in defeat. We lugged it home and found a spot originally for the boys to work on baseball cards the claimed it for sewing. Great table fantastic price. A table is what you make it.

I have one and love it... about 4 years old. Good luck :)

I have had one of those tables from Joann and was very disappointed I also have one of the sewing desk from Walmart and was disappointed in that also. My cutting table now is a portable kitchen island. my sister in law redid her kitchen and was having a permanent one put in and offered me this one that she originally purchased at a salvation army for $25 I love it is perfect it holds 34 x 22 inch mat has 2 drawers for cutting stuff and i added cup hooks on the lip at one side for hanging my rulers that I have on a adjustable ring that is for cross stitch threads.this kitchen island also has 2 sides that come up on it with i assume a hole in it for drainer I had my other half take the measurement and cut me a peice of board to fit in the hole i covered with batting and flannel and it make a great pressing peice of course does not do a big peice but for little ones is perfect. As for the sewing desk I purchased a keyhole desk at a thrift store for $50 and love love love it

Blog Entries
    I would definietly take it back and get a new one
    Quote Originally Posted by rannyof3
    I'm on a VERY limited budget and was pretty excited about getting the cutting table at JoAnn's with the sale and extra 25% off, BUT, all went well while putting it together, UNTIL it came time to put the hinges on. I'm no slouch with tools, so I really did know what I was doing. The pre drilled holes didn't match. I should have checked all of the before I started, but didn't. My table is horrible and I'm thinking of loading it into the car today, assembled, and taking it back. there was also a gouge in the top. Maybe that is why they were on sale...
    :(

Blog Entries
    I would take it back

yep i would of had it loaded in the car and been there already!!!

What a disappointment for you. I would definrtly take it back. That is terrible.

Take it back - I have one from them and it all matched up perfectly! In fact DH just broke it down so I can take it with me on our move next week. I so didn't want to give it up!

Blog Entries
    Take it back. I bought one 3 years ago on sale and it is perfect. So sorry you had the misfortune of getting such a diplorable table.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely! Take it back. Mine was in great shape and I got it from Jo Ann's also.

lue
    Take it back. Discount is not free!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast