Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting table >

Cutting table

Cutting table

Old 07-08-2020, 06:36 PM

Default Cutting table

I知 looking at cutting tables. I need one that folds to save space and on casters. Anyone w a favorite? Thanks!
Old 07-08-2020, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

I use a kitchen Island that has locking roller feet. It is about 3X3 feet On top and fits my cutting mat.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:41 AM

Default My Space Saving Table for cutting

Originally Posted by kjdavis4 View Post
I知 looking at cutting tables. I need one that folds to save space and on casters. Anyone w a favorite? Thanks!

I love this table from Ikea that you can read about by clicking on the link below.(blue letters) I went to Harbor Freight to purchase the castors that were added to make the table higher as well as allow it to be mobile. The drawers in the middle hold lots of quilting gadgets. I am 5'4" so the height works well for me with castors, however it may not suit you if you are 5'5" and up.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/norden-...irch-90423887/
Old 07-09-2020, 02:28 AM

Mine came from JoAnn's a number of years ago. It has 2 drop leaves and a very narrow center, is on casters, is the right height.. The only thing I don't "like" about it is that it is only 35" wide. Why they didn't make it another inch?? I don't know what the tables are like that JoAnn's is now marketing but I certainly like the one I have.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:08 AM
Power Poster

I use my kitchen island because it is the right height for me. I previously used a dresser on casters and found it was hard on my back.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

I got one at Home Depot that is a good height for me. The one in my sewing room that is where my machine sits is too low and makes my back hurt when I use it too long. The one I mentioned is higher, folds on both sides.
I'll see if I can find it for you so you can look at it.

Here it is:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sew-Read...3374/305335268
Old 07-09-2020, 06:29 AM

It doesn't fold, but is on casters: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-62...-301810799-_-N The adjustable height is really handy. We have 6 of them now for various uses. Also comes in various lengths.

Jim
Old 07-09-2020, 07:42 AM

My cutting table it built in to the cabinet system in my studio. DH customized this for me more than 20 years ago. My biggest problem is keeping it clear enough for cutting! Right now I have things all over the floor and cutting table as my dishwasher is broken and I am waiting on it to be repaired. Once that is done I will be doing a major overhaul of my studio. My cutting table is about 8 feet long.
I do keep an additional folding table for when I have friends over for a quilting day or if I am teaching someone simple techniques. It is a 6 foot table that is perfect for this kind of activity.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:11 AM

I wish I had the space for a larger cutting area. I also bought a kitchen island on casters. I found it on Craigslist and was originally purchased at Crate and Barrel. I like the sturdiness of it, the height and the storage underneath. The drawers hold scissors, rotary cutters etc- they池e out of the way and quickly at hand. It痴 what works best with the space I have.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:37 AM

If you have a table that needs to be higher, use bed risers under the legs. Depending on your height may bring to comfortable cutting height.