Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Darlene Chocolates/Fons Porter/and YOU...gotta READ!

Senior Member Darlene loves Chocolates's Avatar
    IT HAS BEEN NEARLY SEVEN MONTHS SINCE I HAD BRAIN SURGERY, BUT SOME DAYS IT SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY.

I HAVE BEEN LURKING AROUND THE QB FOR SOME TIME NOW, BUT YET TO WRITE ANY NOTES.

MY SPELLING AND THOUGHT PROCESS IS OFF….IT IS EASIER TO LOOK AT YOUR LOVELY PICTURES FOR A FEW MINUTES AND COME BACK LATER....

MY SEWING MACHINE IS OUT AND I AM SEWING SIMPLE 6 INCH BLOCKS TOGETHER SOMETIMES.

I LOVE COLORS AND RIGHT NOW MY COLOR VISION IS STILL KINDA FUNKY…THE COLORS ARE NOT TRUE. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY, AS THE COLORS FADES AS I AM SEWING OR AS I AM LOOKING AT THEM.

THIS MORNING, I WAS UP WATCHING Fons and Porter (cover quilt - Interlocking Stars 1711)….THINKING HEY I WANT TO DO THAT QUILT! OOPS, I CAN’T SEE THAT WELL YET….BUT OF COURSE I DECIDED TO CHECK THE WEB SITE OF Fons and Porter FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS….IT IS NICE TO DREAM….THAT IS SOME NICE QUILT….

THIS IS A SHORT NOTE FROM DARLENE LOVES CHOCOLATES AND I AM DOING WELL….JUST DREAMING OF THE Fon's and Porter's QUILT FROM THIS MORNING.

IN MY HOME, I HAVE THE GET WELL CARDS ON MY COUNTER AND THE GIFTS ON MY LIVING ROOM TABLE AND THE PRAYERS IN MY HEART.

THIS IS VERY VERY FUNNY BUT RATHER TRUE, WHEN I LOOK AT MY FABRIC I GET A HUGH SMILE ON MY FACE....

THIS QB IS THE REASON FOR MY STASH....

FOR MY BIG HUGH STASH, I HAVE THE BEST STASH IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! THAT I CAN SEE....

I CAN SEE THAT VERY EASY.

ONE OF THE LADIES IN MY SEWING CIRCLE DID HELP ME FINISH A SMALL QUILT FROM THE 6 INCH BLOCKS.

MOST OF THE 6 INCH KIDDIE BLOCKS CAME FROM PEOPLE ON THE QB....THIS QUILT IS FOR MY GRAND DAUGHTER.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENCOURAGING ME TO SEW AND QUILT.....AND LIVE!

Blog Entries
    My prayers are with you and before long you will make that quilt from this morning

Bless you. You are an inspiration.

Blog Entries
    I am a relative newbie on the board, but I'm thrilled to hear that you're doing ok and hope that you continue to progress well. I expect to begin to see your name on more messages as you feel better and better!

Blog Entries
    Prayers for your continued recovery!! I think in "quiltese" the saying is, "One block at a time..."

Keep quilting!!

Just to know that you still have the desire is so inspirational.So from the bottom of my heart I wish you all that life has to give.
    God Bless, much love and Happy Easter. :)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltSage
    Bless you. You are an inspiration.
    :thumbup:

What a wonderful inspiring message to read Darlene. You probably have no idea how many hearts your words will touch. Hearing your story is uplifting and is a true quilter's Easter gift.

Just keep taking it one step at a time, and before long you will have your little grand baby a quilt. Then what a sense of accomplishment you will have!

Darlene, glad to finally see you here. I hope your well and heeling more and more each day. Glad your also sewing.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbie
    What a wonderful inspiring message to read Darlene. You probably have no idea how many hearts your words will touch. Hearing your story is uplifting and is a true quilter's Easter gift.
    God Bless...

:thumbup:

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbie
    Well said!!

Glad to see you back and hear that you are doing well. Take your time to let yourself get back to normal but I am sure that a little sewing and quilt board browsing will only help the healing process. Take good care of yourself!

Welcome Back Darlene - I hope you continue to improve and have fun quilting.

in the land of fruits, nuts, flakes & quakes!
    Best of luck to you on your recovery! Just keep sewing..so what if the colors are off! Call it a scrappy quilt, which is my FAVORITE!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow! Seven months already?!?!? I knew it had been awhile and I had not seen you back on the board, but I would not have thought that long. I'm glad to see you back and starting to sew again.

Take care!

Good luck to you. Keep thinking quilts. Best therapy in the world.

Blog Entries
    Keep pushing forward! It sounds like you are making great progress, and it is so good to hear that the fabric is making you smile. Keep us posted on how things are going with you.

Welcome back.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back! We are just as crazy as we were 7 months ago!

Glad to see you are back. Just keep doing a little bit at a time!

Hi Darlene, Hope you have a very happy "chocolate Easter". Sounds like you will be back at full steam before you know. Be sure to pace yourself and not overdo it. Will keep you in prayer and be watching your progress.

I wish you well on your recovery, Darlene and glad you decided to join us. I am looking for ward to seeing pictures of the quilt you are making. Prayers and good wishes for you!

I'm so glad to hear you are doing better! Keep quilting and don't worry about the colors. If it does worry you a lot, you might try a simple kit that is already color-matched. My sister had brain surgery after she had a stroke. She was 35 at the time. She still has problems, but is much improved. It just takes time for your brain tissue to make those new pathways!

Darlene, so nice that you're back with us all again.We missed you!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast