Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dealer required class...this makes me giggle >

Dealer required class...this makes me giggle

Dealer required class...this makes me giggle

Old 03-12-2014, 11:19 AM

Default Dealer required class...this makes me giggle

A couple weeks ago, I called my local Janome dealer and ordered a 3160 QDC to serve as my new "back up" and free-arm machine. They had my 6600 for service so I said I'd pick them both up as soon as they were ready.

Today I got a call that they were ready and asking when I could come in for my "classes".

Me: “Classes? What classes?”

Her: “OH we like to make sure you can thread the machines, change the feet…”

M: “Ok, well, I’ve had the 6600 for over a year so I don’t need a class for that one for sure. The other one is similar to, and simpler than, the 6600 so I think I can probably handle it.”

Her: “Ok, well, it doesn’t have to be a LONG class. We just like to make sure you can thread the machine, change the feet…”

We kind of went in circles at that point, so I gave up and now I have an appointment at 1:00 tomorrow to learn how to thread my new machine, and change the feet. LOL!! I'm willing to bet I can thread that machine in about 30 seconds! Shortest class ever.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:24 AM

{{{giggle giggle}}} You are just TOO nice !!!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:34 AM

It was pretty funny, actually. It's a tiny mom & pop shop and they JUST hired their first part-time employee, and that's who I was talking to. Really nice girl but I think she's still learning the ropes!

That's OK, while I'm there I think I'm going to try to talk them into selling me a single-hole plate for the 6600 at a discount. Since I'm such a good return customer. ;-)
Old 03-12-2014, 11:43 AM

And while you are there, you could fill the new gal, who is just doing her job, in on a few tricks and tips you have learned about the machines. This may help her become a better employee who can really sell the 6600! Then you will both be well-informed on your new machine...and you may fare better at that discount you are looking for.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

he, he. sometimes people don't listen and keep going on until you agree which is what they are told to do.
my mail order pharmacy had changed my account and didn't transfer the credit card info, they wouldn't send some medication that was over $100.00 until I paid them. I kept telling the lady I had to have a bill in order to pay them, she kept saying pay first. I wanted to shout where do I mail it tooooo? oh well, I quit using them for a few years and went to my local pharmacy. much easier.
let us know what you "learn" from that class!!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:53 AM

You made me laugh out loud.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:41 PM

Poor girl is just trying to do her job the way she was trained, remember how nervous you were when you started a new job?!? When she finds out you probably know more about the machine than she does she will most likely give up. the good news you can get both of your machines as well.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:53 PM

Good for the dealer! While it may not make sense in your case to attend a class....how many times have we been in classes and there is always someone who is not familiar with their sewing machine and they tie up a an instructors' time on this basic skill.....your dealer is doing their job! Attend and be the class star!

Sandy
Old 03-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

I would bet they use that class to try and sell you something.
Have fun and just say no.
peace
Old 03-12-2014, 01:01 PM

lol,they are really just trying to help.When I bought my Diamond-which threads the same as my other machine I had to sit there while they showed me all that stuff too.