Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do any of you have Albums here? >

Do any of you have Albums here?

Do any of you have Albums here?

Old 05-27-2020, 09:25 AM

Default Do any of you have Albums here?

I've been posting pictures on the boards here for a couple years now, but only recently really discovered/started using my Albums.

If you click on a Username (Iceblossom) you get options to send them a private message or to go to their public profile page. That's where the Albums are.

I've set up three to help keep me on track/part of my quilt documentation (Completed, Unfinished and Tops finished by others). I have some very large very heavy old school photograph albums that include pictures and fabric scraps and such, but I only went digital a couple of years ago. Don't know if I care enough to scan old photos or not (answer is probably not!).

The "public profiles" are public, but I'd feel better if some of you directed me to them/gave me permission to go snooping. Y'all can snoop on me whenever you want.

Edit: That's a picture of the screen you get to in case you've never gotten there before.
Attached Thumbnails screenshot-9-.png  
Old 05-27-2020, 09:41 AM

You can snoop all you want on mine! Here's the link:
https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums18257.html
Old 05-27-2020, 09:45 AM

Woohoo! Thank you for getting the ball rolling, Christine. It is so fun to see a group of projects, I see you have a really nice sense of light/dark balance.

edit: I suppose it would have been easier/better to include a link instead of a picture of what that looked like.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...56-albums.html
Old 05-27-2020, 12:40 PM

Yes, I have one.... Watson's Album

Old 05-27-2020, 12:55 PM
Power Poster

I think having albums here is a lovely thing, but aren't you trusting that they will remain accessible? Occasionally the board changes software, and as we know from the last remodeling attempt, not everything remains after the change. It would be wise to keep copies of everything on your personal computer, or in your space in the cloud. (That sounds like an other-worldly place, doesn't it?)
Old 05-27-2020, 01:38 PM

I know I’m not that old ( on the board anyway) but even I have albums!
Old 05-27-2020, 02:26 PM
Gay

Mine are here, though not up to date. I have another 6 or 7 to add sometime.

my quilts
Old 05-27-2020, 02:29 PM

I do it in addition to my other documentation, Dunster. So I keep copies of my pictures on a separate drive, as well as on my computer and then posted here as well. I don't currently have a color printer, but I need to print out some of these at the office supply store and keep a hard copy notebook as well.

Well, I don't need to, but I do document my quilts. Most of my quilts are donation quilts and most of the groups frown on any labels, other than maybe a generic from the charity one. Eventual goals is to have pocket files with the pictures and stick the various templates and tools and notes in there. Everything will then be in nice easily stored notebooks on a shelf and not stuck here and there and ending up in strange places.

Mostly I'm not prepared to join the UFO group because I do consider a top as a completed project, just not quite a quilt yet but I'm also trying to finish projects, so mostly I'm doing it to keep myself accountable. In the old days I had an excel spreadsheet. But this has pictures!
Old 05-27-2020, 02:50 PM

What a great thread! I don't have an album...yet, but now hope to in the near future. Thanks Iceblossom!
Old 05-27-2020, 04:12 PM

I have an album, but I never knew until this weekend whether anyone else could see it.