Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do these fabrics inspire a certain pattern for you? (Needing ideas).

I love all your fabrics especially the reds and the browns. I suggest Eleanor Burns "Twice as Nice" or on Missouri Star Quilt Co. the "Amazing Jelly Roll quilt pattern byThree Dudes". You didn't say how much fabric is there, I would make lap quilts from them and I did like the suggestion of using the reds in a Valentine way. They are beautiful. When I have fabric and it calls for a jelly roll, I just simply cut strips, usually 2 1/2 " wide by the width of the fabric. Whatever you choose to make with those choices you can't go wrong.
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.
    http://www.photographicendeavors.com

you could combine the blue browns with the brown whites and add a bit more brown. rail fence or log cabin... (terrible on remembering pattern names) Not sure about the set with the butterflies. Something with hearts for the reds.

I see a D9P for the first 2, but the others need something to make them pop. The turquoise looks like 2 of them are turquoise and black, but the lightest is turquoise and brown? The 3 browns need a solid or a tone on tone very dark brown imho.
    Shirley in Arizona

Such gorgeous fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Love the reds---makes me think of hearts for sure!
    Mary
    Mary
    Quilts cover us with warmth and love!
    Make quilts not war

I have some of those fabrics. I really like them all.
    I'm doing a black/white/red DNP with mine.
    I'm also doing a Rail Fence (I believe is what it's called) with some of the others.
    Can't wait to see what you decide!

I really like the solid-y red with the spotted red together. The butterfly and the turquoise with a tone-on-tone pink would make a gorgeous warm wishes!
    Fay

"You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    hmmmm 10 minute block comes to mind on all of them .. but then that is the mode I am in .. is the 10 minute block .. LOL (well when I sit down to my machine that is .. LOL)
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

LOVE the red. I really like them all, red is just my favorite .I'm like you, when I buy fabric I always buy at least two yards each fabric and 3 to 4 colors that go together.
    Decide later what you want to make with them. lol

I see aprons and bags from them. I love them.

Blog Entries
    I love the butterfly set!! What fabric line is it?
    I see big blocks of butterfly fabric (6 - 8") with 2" border of blue and corner stones of the black surrounded by the dot borders then the final border of blue and butterfly on back. Simple, but I think it would also be stunning. Could also pull some hot pink in there.
    Laura

Blog Entries
    They say DP9 to me and I LOVE the red. It is so vibrant.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

First thing I thought of with the red was applique: Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 54
Size:  80.9 KB

Power Poster
    What fabulous fabrics. When I first saw the red fabric on the left, I thought of the 9 patch heart, set on point with 2 1/2" corners sewn on the diagnal then trimmed off. Sorry I can't describe it better, but I there there was something like it on Missouri Star Quilt Co. and maybe Eleanor Burns quilt in a day site. Love the butterfly fabric, maybe do an 8 pointed star with t he butterfly fussy cut, something like that. have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
    I'm not sure and I like them all but the red set made my eyes and brain hurt. Something about their pattern really does something to me. Does anyone else feel that?
    Actually, the red ones are my favorite. I like them all.

I can see the reds in many patterns, especially the Rail Fence and D9P. I love the fabrics in the butterfly set, just not so much together. The colors on my screen might be off tho, because in the other sets, some look brown and some look black. I'm thinking you would have all the same in each group. If the blue/black group is indeed all black, I would definitely go with a D9P there; probably adding a solid black or white for the center blocks to add unity thruout the design.
    The three brown/whites I really love and would add a bright to them for impact. I think you could hardly go wrong choosing one. Red, fuschia, green, lime, pink, teal, yellow......... I think the only color I would stay away from would be orange and tangerine. Then I'd jump on the Scrambled D9P for that one. LOL, can you guess what my favorite pattern is? There are so many ways to arrange your blocks after they are sewn. The D9P is one of the easiest and most versatile patterns I know.
    Last edited by wildyard; 01-17-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Ooooh! I LOVE inspiration Qs!

Putting on my silk turban and looking into my crystal ball...I LOVE the reds! I see them with a white background in a traditional pattern s/a drunkard's path, Bethlehem Star, or pineapple motive with lots of points and spikes.

Love the fabrics, except I don't think the butterfly fabric fits with the rest. Both the colors and the pattern of the butterfly fabric doesn't seem to go with the rest. Can't wait to see what you make!
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

I found one with the same colors: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2012/04/...uilt.html#more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2