Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you buy Christmas & Winter fabrics in January?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    And if you do... are you stocking up for projects for next Christmas? Or working on winter projects cause... it's still winter?

this year,I purchased a number of holiday fabrics after so that I wouldn't run into the problems I did in 2009 when I didn't have fabric, and it was 8pm or 6am and had no chance to go buy any....

Blog Entries
    I buy whenever I can afford to!

if it is a fabric i like i will buy anytime i see it if the price is right. snowflakes in July, flip flops in winter :)

I like to buy Christmas/winter fabrics that are on sale/clearance for next year :D

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    I like to buy Christmas/winter fabrics that are on sale/clearance for next year :D
    ditto! sometimes I buy during the "Black Friday" sales for next year because the deals are so good.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    We've had more interest in the Christmas & winter holiday fabrics this month than in December. I thought that was rather unusual... which is why I asked the question.

??

If I find something that calls my name at a good price!!

I do if the price is right.

if the price is right - most definitely!!!

I like Christmas fabrics and buy them on sale for future projects

Blog Entries
    I wonder if people are thinking about next years gifts and that they might get a jump on next years gifts? maybe there new years resolution :wink:

I hadn't thought much about buying Christmas material on sale for next Christmas until Joann's had Debbie Mumm Christmas fabric on sale for 70% off. I also used a coupon for an additional 10% off. But THEN, I went to our local Ben Franklins looking for a crib cheater panel and OMG they had all their Christmas fabric on sale for 75% off!!! And it is name brand, good quality quilting fabric. I had been drooling over a panel with snowman called winter friendships and warm winter wishes (a thick yummy flannel) and the coordinating fabrics in one of my quilt mags or maybe the internet. And they had it. The regular price is a little lower than anywhere else I have seen it. Most is actually winter fabric not only Christmas. I got about 25+ yard of fabric for a little over $50! And I had to force myself to quit! but I am ready for next Christmas, and the next, etc. I am off work tomorrow and intend to start designing a winter flannel lap throw with the warm winter wishes fabric. Hope to have it pieced over the weekend.

I guess that you know that there is a Christmas every year, so you might as well take advantage of the sales now and be ready.

Nursie 76... that's too funny

NO! I'm trying to use my stash - only buying what I need to finish a particular project.

Quote Originally Posted by Leota
    Nursie 76... that's too funny
    Seriously.....I had to have a really stern talk with myself! I actually had more, but put it back! Ahh....good thing the sale is over before payday, or I just know I would be back!

If I see some I like I buy it. After all the prices are great now.

I find I am buying them now, when they are on sale, so I can start on some specific Christmas projects. I started a tree skirt for 2009, but started too late, and didn't get it done in time. I would like to make stockings and table runners and even a couch quilt and a wall hanging. So when I see it for a good price, I will get it.

i found some very pretty fabric at walmarts, christmas, for sixty cents a yard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflower2011
    i found some very pretty fabric at walmarts, christmas, for sixty cents a yard
    Me, too. Twenty yards for 12.40. DH, just about fainted when I came home. Snowman apron panels for 1.10 each.
    I will think of something to do with it.
    :wink:

Heck yea when you can get them for 50 cents a yard.

I buy fabric at any time - any season at any time of the year - especially when I find it on sale for a great price...actually, I picked up some Christmas panels today...so it's already started for another year. 'smile'

If I see a fabric I love at any time of the year, I'll buy it before I can't find it again. I particularly love snowflake fabric.
    I do play a little game with myself. If I see Christmas fabric right before the holiday, I tell myself I don't have time to make anything with it. If I see it in Jan., I think I can make something now and be ready before next Christmas.
    By the way, the LQS around here did not put a lot of Christmas fabric on sale after the holidays here.
    lots2do

i too buy chrismtas and winter fabric when it's on sale! might as well get a stash ready for next christmas's gifts!!

I'm addicted to fabric. I know when I walk into a fabric store that I'm going to buy something. I asked my daughter what she is planning to do with all my stuff when I die. She replied "Nothing. I'm making this into a museum!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast