Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you decorate the bathroom with quilted items? >

Do you decorate the bathroom with quilted items?

Do you decorate the bathroom with quilted items?

Old 12-18-2010, 08:45 AM

Here's one from Moda:

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/09/...onus.html#more
Old 12-18-2010, 12:06 PM

My daughter uses a store bought quilt for a shower curtain, has for years.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:09 PM

I have quilts folded on on a cabinet in the bathroom, One hanging on the main wall and one in front of the seat with cute toilet paper rolls on it. Called, On a Roll. There's actually not one wall or shelf in my house without quilty things on it. I love my quilts. Even all the beds and pillow shams. My friends say it looks like a quilt retreat in here LOL. Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:05 PM

I am planning on making a quilted frog wall hanging for my sons' bathroom - as well as a quilted shower curtain valance...

In my bathroom, I already have one long skinny quilt hanging up. I am going to be paper piecing a dragonfly quilt from the Paper Pieced Nature Quilts book.

I'm thinking about making quilted or sewn toilet toppers and maybe a nice cover for a spare roll....

Hey. If I can think it and I find the time, I'll make it :D
Old 12-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Dix

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I have quilts folded on on a cabinet in the bathroom, One hanging on the main wall and one in front of the seat with cute toilet paper rolls on it. Called, On a Roll. There's actually not one wall or shelf in my house without quilty things on it. I love my quilts. Even all the beds and pillow shams. My friends say it looks like a quilt retreat in here LOL. Merry Christmas to all.
Debbie,
My kids say "No one will get cold at Mom's cause there is a quilt on every chair, couch and hanging on every door."
Old 12-18-2010, 02:41 PM
BMP

How do you hang a quilt for a shower curtain, I like the idea but isnt it heavy and how do you 'hook' it on the rod ???
Old 12-18-2010, 03:05 PM

I have a small quilted wallhanging in my bathroom- first embellished quilt I did, it was fun
Old 12-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BMP
How do you hang a quilt for a shower curtain, I like the idea but isnt it heavy and how do you 'hook' it on the rod ???
For starters, reason #1 to make a shower curtain--my tub is 6' long. I used a metal closet rod that's screwed into the studs on the end walls. (DH wanted it to stay up-told me to come up with a sturdy way to hang a quilted shower curtain!) I used a lightweight flannel as filler so it's not as heavy as a standard quilt. I think it measures 80 x 80". I sewed ties to the top end and tied them to the rod. Yes has a plastic liner, too. One could also put grommets in the top or sew large button holes and regular curtain rings.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:30 PM

Several years ago, I found the perfect quilt for the bathroom. I bought it and it hangs over the back of the toilet. It's 3 different toilet paper rolls! One is full, paper coming off b ack, another is full paper off front & the middle one is an empty T-paper tube still hanging with 1 sheet left on it! The room is reall small, but I'll try to get a pic of it.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:38 PM

I have a very old (maybe 28 years) appliqued wall hanging of a cat next to a watermelon. Plus I have a valance that includes another appliqued cat block--made that maybe three or four years ago. I have seen some really cute quilted bathroom rugs and if I had the right type of shower enclosure, I'd love a quilt there.