Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Do You Let Your Pets in Your Sewing Room and, If You Do, How Do They Help?

Never have I been able to keep Scruffy out of anywhere.

Sassafras (my cat) has her own cushion beneath the sewing cabinet table; she also has her own window sill cushioned platform. She's very good at keeping to her designated areas.

I have basenjis, 5 now, the dog for people who like cats, and though they're allowed in the sewing room, it usually holds no fascination to them. From the time we were remodeling the room, we treated it like every other room in the house, meaning the door was left open, and they weren't chased out of there. Now that it's a sewing room, they don't care, because it's never been off limits.

I remember seeing on the web, a sewing room that they had actually built a lower cabinet area that had a dog crate! Darn if I can find it though, but when I googled, I came up with this site:
    http://www.kevinandamanda.com/photos/den.html
    They look nice,but my dogs would just chew them up, thinking mom got them a new toy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilu
    My 2 little dogs know they don't come in. They get enough attention, so they just curl up in the chair in the LR and go to sleep.

My two little dogs do this or lay on pillows close to my sewing chair. They just like to be close to me. They don't bother anything.

Blog Entries
    that post was a mistake. will re-d0

My kitty either sleeps in the sewing machine chair or lays up in the window. When she was younger, I had to keep her out because every time the machine was running, she was grabbing the thread away!

Blog Entries
    My two boys sleep in my sisters appt. where they have a doggie door to go out and the poodle sleeps in his chair and the chihua/terrier has his crate he sleeps in. The door is always closed to the sewing rooms unless I am there. When I am there Chihua/terrier sleeps on a pillow in the sewing room. The poodle still lays in his chair and just comes to check on us from time to time. He was a rescue and I think someone was not very good to him. His chair is sort of his safe place

I sew in my bedroom, which is pretty much Grand Central Station for the dog and cats. Harvey's a Golden Retriever and just needs to be around people, so he's usually flopped on the floor by my rat cage. The cats take turns lounging on the bed and giving me baleful Looks for disturbing their slumber.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10