Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Do you machine embroider quilt labels?

Do you machine embroider quilt labels?

I have a Brother PE770 and would like to embroider my quilt labels. However, I can't find a font smaller than 1/2 inch and I don't want my labels that big. Can anyone recommend a font that is closer to 1/4" or even smaller? Thanks for the help.
    Shirley in Arizona

Anna Bove has this one: http://www.annaboveembroidery.com/misc.html

Embroidery Designs has several. When you find one you like, click it and it will give you the size. They all vary in size: http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/Fon...roidery%20font

I've ordered from both these sites. If you Goggle Miniature Embroidery Fonts, you will get a bunch of sites that have them. There are some great deals out there!
    Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

i haven't had alot of luck with the small ones. maybe i just need more practice. i also have the pe 770. i've tried making them in designera software.

I am going to keep a close eye on this thread, I've had the same question for a while now. I can't seem to get an answer regarding tiny font letters for quilt labels.

Here are 2 that I did on my Bernina - they were about 1/2". I just kept reducing the regular font until I had the size I wanted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen in CA
    Babylock Ellisimo, Babylock Enlighten Serger, Janome 6600, Janome 760 for travel

I embroidery all my quilt labels and also make some for other folks. I got the frame design from Embroidery Library. My machine has built in fonts, so I usually use those...however you can find lots of fonts at Embroidery Library as well.
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

Thanks for the tips. My machine has built in fonts too, but they are larger than I like. I tried embroidery library, even sent an email last night and got a reply to look at their fonts and the help page. No help there. I'll try the miniature font idea.
    Shirley in Arizona

Love your butterfly label. Where did your designs come from. I have a butterfly quilt waiting for a label.

Blog Entries
    I am new to embroidery. How do you keep your lines even, straight and lined up when using the embroidery machine design your label? I do not have a separate computer program for this. I also have a brother embroidery only machine that does the 4x4 only. I sure could use a lot of help. I purchased the machine just for quilt labels.
    Charlene

I use embird and bought some labels from Emblibrary.com. With Embird I bought a few of the fonts, including the redwork ones They can go small enough for labels.Name:  julia's label.JPG
Views: 1247
Size:  180.8 KB

and

Name:  label one martens.JPG
Views: 1240
Size:  198.8 KB

and

Name:  label 3 j and j.JPG
Views: 1205
Size:  177.0 KB

and
    Name:  label 2 lydia.JPG
Views: 1182
Size:  173.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
    I use embird and bought some labels from Emblibrary.com. With Embird I bought a few of the fonts, including the redwork ones They can go small enough for labels.Name:  julia's label.JPG
Views: 1247
Size:  180.8 KB

and

Name:  label one martens.JPG
Views: 1240
Size:  198.8 KB

and

Name:  label 3 j and j.JPG
Views: 1205
Size:  177.0 KB

and
    Name:  label 2 lydia.JPG
Views: 1182
Size:  173.2 KB
    I saw this for the first time today. Is it very expensive? From what I saw you just download program to your computer. Is this correct?
    Charlene

Wow those labels are lovely fustflyingin!

I don't have a 'real' embroidery machine but I am practicing hand embroidery and planning my next quilt to hand-embroider my signature and dedication info "For Ali - UCLA 2014" can't be that hard LOL
    SueSew
    "If it's messy, eat it over the sink!" Mom

Beautiful labels, done very well. I purchased a Bernette Deco 340 last summer, did a little bit, then had to stop for cataract surgery on the first of November. Suddenly everything is bright and white, 20/20 vision I never had in life, slowly its getting better, very hard to wait 'cause I want to try to do something half as nice as displayed here.

QB has a site for the embroidery machines and I have learned a lot from them. In fact, I have learned a lot just from reading the questions and answers on QB and love every minute of it; its priceless as are the people who respond here. I love the "Hatched in Africa" site on internet, as they collected their 'free' embroidery designs for six weeks and sent them to me after the cataract surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by chamby View Post
    I saw this for the first time today. Is it very expensive? From what I saw you just download program to your computer. Is this correct?
    Do you mean the program Embird? I asked for it for Christmas last year from my DH! You can go to their website and check it out. Just search for embird. Expensive for one person is not for another, so it is difficult to answer your question. I think spending $20 or more/person for a meal out is expensive but people regularly do it, and obviously they think it is worth it. So....

Labeling is something I have been very lacks about -- After seeing all your beautiful labels I'm going to make it a point to label all my quilts and use my embroidery machine. Thanks for showing all the samples!!

I make my own and make some for friends as well. I use Embroidery Works software to add designs and lettering.

Have Fun

T