Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you take photos of your work?

And keep a record of them? I just realized that I have made some quilts and pillow cases and didn't keep a photo record of them. I don't have a photo of a pillow case made for a son-in-law, or any extra material , and wanted to remember what I gave to who! For those who keep a record, do you just keep it on the computer in a file or do you make an actual book out of them? Thanks for ansering.

Blog Entries
    I put pics on the computer,& into photobucket ,but also try to get photos made to put in small albums too for a record.

yes, i do and not only of the finished work but at various steps along with way.

it helps me with design prospective - most of the time i'm working inches from a project and taking a photo from a couple feet away makes a big difference on how you see things.

I've taken some photos. So far they are on the computerr and I'm tagging them so I know the who, what, where, when, etc. Most are UFOs right now, though!

I use to make a small block with all info about that quilt in a file folder. Now I take pictures. I've missed a few along the way but gotten better at it.

Blog Entries
    I post my pics here, on the QB and I store one set on the computer, but I don't keep a journal.

I have pictures and keep thinking of printing them and putting them into a binder with notes on who it went too.

When they are done I am. I am putting small picture on one side of index card then on the other side snips of fabric, pattern name, date, and why I made it. Right now with back to school you can get a small index card binder (or box) to store them all in.

I kkkkkeep pictures and who I made them for.

I try to get photo's of my quilts when they are done but too many times I have pulled the quilt out to the dryer, stuffed it into a gift bag and ran out the door for the event and forgotten to take pictures!!!

I take pictures and put them on a CD of just my quilts...maybe the grandkids will get a kick out of that one day. Like I do looking at the old albums.

Yes, I keep an album with pictures, "ingredients" used, dimentions, etc. I also have a web page with all my quilt pics.

I keep finished pictures in a leather bound album(s) of my finished quilts. On the back of the pictures I put the size, fabric used if known and who it went to and why. I need more albums. I've filled 2, but don't remember where I bought them originally to match them. I could use at least 2 more. I also put alot of them on my webshots.com page. But I haven't added many in the last 2 years.

I take pictures of everything I make, blankets, quilts and aprons. I keep them on the computer and print out a copy for my records also. I include a brief summary of who I made it for, what insprired it, when I started and when I finished it; scraps of the fabric used, etc.

I try, but that's about it. I have a couple of quilt diaries to put the info in, but I can honestly say, it doesn't get a lot of use. I do manage to take pictures most the time, but that's about it, but I do label the quilts I give away.

Blog Entries
    I didn't at first, but now I always take a few photos of each project. And I am glad I do, because I have now sold (or given away) most of them, so at least I have a record of what I made.

I didn't think to do it in the beginning. I do try to remember to take at least one picture now, but forget from time to time. I really wish I had pictures of some of my first quilts, but that's life!

I do take pictures of everything I make from scratch. Wedding gowns, bridesmaids dresses, baby blankets, quilts, pillows, confirmation dresses, etc. That said, I started my "portfolio" before cameras went digital, so I don't have them on the computer. Most of the stuff I have time for since I had kids is hemming and repairs, and I don't take pics of those.

Jim
    I didnt take pics at first but try to always take pictures now...some I only have photos of some because I only had a 35mm. Now with a digital its so easy to just put it onto the computer

I have pics on computer but also on a disk....several are made into prints and in a photo album.

It is a good idea to keep a record for yourself and for insurance purposes.

Blog Entries
    Mine are all on my computer, unless I have forgotten to take a picture :oops: :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I keep them on my computer and also print a copy to keep in an album.

I have always tried to take pics of everything. I have not always been successful. I've been quilting for a long, long time. Since I got a digital camera I've gotten much better about it and make sure to print out at least one pic of each finished product. They go in an album. The rest are saved on my computer - but I've had many a computer die and lose it all. My favorite part is taking pics during the layout process. I'm a scrappy sort. If I had it one way - and then change it and don't like the results - I can always "recover" the one before... Our great grandmothers didn't have the technology for this. Aren't we blessed!

Guess I'd best get with the program! Remembering all of the photos taken over the years and no one looks at them. Then I think if I do the computer what if it crashes? So, just for me , since I have a 35mm Kodak camera, will take the pics, file them on the computer and also make a photo book. That way I'll cover all bases. Now if I can just remember to do it! Thanks all.

I used to print out the actual photos, now I have discs with all my quilts, sewing projects and crafts. But trying to remember to backup from computer and put on the discs is another story...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast