Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you use check lists when you go on a quilting retreat or sew days with your quilting friends so you don't forget anything? >

Do you use check lists when you go on a quilting retreat or sew days with your quilting friends so you don't forget anything?

Do you use check lists when you go on a quilting retreat or sew days with your quilting friends so you don't forget anything?

Old 03-12-2011, 03:41 PM

With my chemo brain, I have to make lists all the time. Now if I could remember to find or take the list with me, that would be a miracle. LOL
Old 03-12-2011, 04:03 PM

your list is great and seems to have everything included that you will need.
i also use a list and check it a couple of times to make sure that I have all that I need.
I was thinking about making a class box and just keep all those things that I need in that box. Then all I need to do is add the fabric and pattern for class and grab my small class machine and I'm ready to go.
Thanks for some of the things that wern't on my list.
kjym kathy
Old 03-12-2011, 05:46 PM

pillow/pills
Old 03-12-2011, 05:53 PM

I actually have a "workshop" bag packed for occasions just like these. But I sometimes still forget things :oops:
Old 03-12-2011, 06:47 PM

I usually pack my iPod with books loaded and my headphones for those times when I don't want to listen to the constant chatter....
Old 03-12-2011, 07:40 PM

Super list and thanks for all the items that are on the list of...You will be sorry if you forget this...LOL!!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:13 PM

I go to a retreat twice a year. I have a plastic tote that is all ready to go. All my supplies are in it.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:47 PM

I always re-pack my rolling case when I get home. Then I know I am ready to hit the road. You can always add something extra to a special trip, but all the basic (that we have all picked up extra of over the years), stuff is the same for all the trips. I have found that if I set back up as soon as I get home (OK - the next day is more like it), then things are still fresh as to anything extra I might need to add or things that I might need to replace.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:52 PM

I have at least two of everything, I have been sewing since I was about 10, so I have had a while to get things together, anyway, I have a Grab-N-Go that I keep packed with all the essentials, and then I add what I need for a retreat or class, I keep a notebook with a complete list of what I need for different types of classes and different climates, this is also kept in my Grab-N-Go :D
Old 03-12-2011, 11:54 PM

I used to but have been going for so many years now that I pretty much can do it without the lists anymore.