Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have the (Singer Viking Pfaff 4400) >

Does anyone have the (Singer Viking Pfaff 4400)

Does anyone have the (Singer Viking Pfaff 4400)

Old 09-16-2010, 08:54 AM

Does anyone know how the embroidery cards would work then? Or can I choose any brand online and connect it to my computer and download them?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

I didn't find it on patternreview.com. My personal opinion is that I want to be able to test drive the machine UNLESS it is a model that is well-known tried and true.

The fact that it is touted as an introductory model makes me a little concerned if all the bugs have been ironed out. But that's just me.

Can you send it back? I thought allbrands had a very strict return policy. Something to double check.

Oh, and how flexible is the embroidery feature? Do you have access to a wide variety of downloads or are you stuck with their software and their samples?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

It looks like the software comes with the machine that will convert most file formats to the required format for the machine. This would make it possible to download all kinds of designs as long as they are 4" x 4" and conver them.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Power Poster

I know nothing about embroidery machines, so forgive me if I am way off base, but I found the following embroidery machines on Amazon that appear to be better machines (some have reviews on Amazon) for less money:
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-SE400-.../dp/B003AVMZA4
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-SE350-.../dp/B001AQER4I

I have seen quite a few people comment here about liking their Brother embroidery machines; don't remember anyone here mentioning a White embroidery machine.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Prism99
I know nothing about embroidery machines, so forgive me if I am way off base, but I found the following embroidery machines on Amazon that appear to be better machines (some have reviews on Amazon) for less money:
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-SE400-.../dp/B003AVMZA4
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-SE350-.../dp/B001AQER4I

I have seen quite a few people comment here about liking their Brother embroidery machines; don't remember anyone here mentioning a White embroidery machine.
I have the Brother Disney machine which looks very similiar to the White. The one thing I would ask is...Do you need the machine to sew also? If not, I would purchase a machine for embroidery only. The thing that I really like about the Disney machine is that I think it is built much better and more solid than the newer Brothers that you have posted a link to. This is just my opinion and I am not bashing these machines because I have a couple that I love. Many people do not want a machine that has only a 4 x 4 field, but I really like mine.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:59 AM

It does not need to sew as well, that would just be an added bonus. But it does need to be able to connect to my computer, As well as have letering, lots of accessories, embroidery options.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:06 PM

Aully, If you plan on a purchase from a site in the US you need to be aware that most places will not honour the warranty for the machine in Canada and it will have to be shipped back to the US for serviceing. I have bought machines from allbrands before and have not had problems with them. The prices in US are so much more reasonable than the prices for the same models here in Canada.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:19 PM

Hello Aully

Checked out the info at Allbrands.com - you can use usb as well as card and pc connection on that machine. I have Brother Innov-is 4000D and it is a beautiful machine but the only cards it can use are those made for Brother machines which are expensive, but the White comes with 3700 designs on free cd so that should not matter.
I do notice that the embroidery unit is under the throat of the machine so you're not likely to be able to buy a bigger hoop if you want to embroider larger designs later on. Embroidery is addictive, I'm afraid, and you might want something with more scope. However, many friends have Janome 11000 and kept their Janome 300 or 350E for backups and taking to classes - if you decide on a machine with more accessories later on in life, having two won't be such a bad idea. I have another smaller Brother machine for normal sewing as the embroideries work on the 4000D. Sorry can't help you decide but you will have fun

I noticed that the machine has well-known software suppliers backing it which sounds like a big PLUS :?:
Old 09-16-2010, 03:09 PM

SVP is the parent company of White. Be careful with ordering from AllBrands, I have not heard the best things about them.
If this is the type of embroidery machine you are looking for, you will find a better price on a basic embroidery machine at Walmart or JoAnn.
It doesn't go larger for the hoop. So if it is a 4 X 4 hoop, your design must fit into a 3 1/2 X 3 1/2 area. I think this might be limiting your ideas.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:06 PM

I am still stuck on considering this machine. I can't figure out if it comes with emroidery hoops though. Any one know? I do see you can buy them at the bottom of the page for it though.