Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Does it count if I broke my resolution before the New Year begins?

Blog Entries
    Come join us on the 2013 Fabric Moratorium challenge here on the Board - look under Challenges. We will keep you on the straight and narrow.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
    Come join us on the 2013 Fabric Moratorium challenge here on the Board - look under Challenges. We will keep you on the straight and narrow.
    Wanna bet??? LOL

Blog Entries
    Jan in Florida, you are right. Whatever we do, this board okays it. Doesn't matter. Justified. JUST-IF-I'D never done it.

Nothing counts 'til the clock strikes midnight! Enjoy your final buying fling.

Blog Entries

I made it all thru 2012 till late afternoon on the 30th.....I bought 1/2 yard that 'I REALLY NEEDED' to do a stopper border on a quilt
    I really, really needed it.

Blog Entries
    Don't make this kind of resolution because I know I'll never be able to keep it. Just love fabric and quilting.

My resolution is to work on my UFO's and to buy fabric only when I need it to do a project - Like my grand neice wanted "Hello Kitty" so I had to find some fabric of that design. I took a run at 2013 to see if I could go to Jo-Ann's and not buy fabric, may not be doable.

Blog Entries
    heheheheh - of course it counts. And now you're off the hook for 2013!

Absolutely not! It DOES NOT count! I joined the fabric moratorium last year and actually did very well but this is what our 'rule of thumb' was. IF you need backing and you don't have it you can buy it. If you need additional fabric in order to complete your project you can buy it. If you need batting you can buy it.

I saved tons of $$ until I realized how many receipts for beads and other jewelry-making supplies/craft fair items I have!

Hello, my name is Peggy, and I have multiple addictions!

Power Poster
    Good luck with your resolution. One thing you might want to maybe try is when you start a new project try picking out some fabrics from your stash and build from there. It's kinda the best of the both worlds. As far as the diet thing goes, that never works either. Have fun with your new sewing room.

Blog Entries
    I know I blame things on the companies too. My New Year's resolution is not to make a new years resolution. that way I do not feel guilty of not feel guilty of breaking it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3