Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does your LQS have a "frequent shopper program"?

Quilter's Destination in Arlington Heights IL does, and no punch card to lose, they keep track, then issue a coupon. Great, warm service, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    How does it work?

Do you participate in it?
    Most of the shops I shop at has a frequent flyer program. One of them even gave you the price of the class back in a gift card to be used as cash on your next visit or the next class. That made the class free. Can't do better than that.

My LQS has a Saver's Club. You pay $25 to become a member. After that you get 25% off of all fabrics, patterns, and notions, and 20% off of all books for 1 full year. I love this!!!!
    Plus, if you buy a machine from her, you get to take any class she offers free - for 1 year.
    It is a fantastic shop.

Mine gives you $30 free merchandise after your purchases total $250. Of course I participate!

Blog Entries
    Yes. The program is called "Bag Lady". You pay $25 for 1 year membership. This gets you 1 - 20% off, 3 - 15% off, and 5% off every day (these % are on regular prices only).

I go to 2 the first one give me 10% off everything, however does not have much in stock and will not hesitate to allow you to buy tools rather than teach you to make use of what you have. The second one give you a minimum of 30% off, they have members days/ weeks, their stock is rather large and the ladies will give you all the advice and help that you ask for, they will teach you things and bend over backwards.

TreeFrog

I drive 40 miles to get to Threads of Time in Danville IL. Their promotions are: 20% off any one day in your birthday month, 10% for buddies you bring with you. Free loyalty program: 1 point for each dollar spent; 150 points = $15 gift card = 10% back on all purchases whether regular or sale price, notions included. eNewsletter every Tuesday. Great retreat center, too! So, I drive there, even though there are 2 chains & 2 LQSs within 5 miles of my house who give 0 customer service.

Blog Entries
    My favorite LQS has a punch card that requires you to spend $350 to get a $25 credit once the card is completely full. The store keeps the card, which is great. Also, the store gives you a $5 punch every time you bring in your own homemade cloth bag made from the store's $1 pattern. Even if you only buy one thing, you still get the $5 punch for using your bag. Finally, on your birthday week you get half of your age off on everything in the store. Needless to say, I bypass two other quilt stores (not as nice and no frequent buyer programs) to go to this LQS.

My fav LQS has a program that when you buy 50 yds (clearance, regular or sale), you get a gift certificate for $40!!! The program doesn't time out (don't have to restart at the beginning of the year). And, it automatically calculates in the computer when it rings your sale....and it lists where you are at with the yardage on the receipt!
    The other LQS that I frequent, you have to remember to get your card and give it to them. They store them by the register, but if you forget to get it and give it to them, then you lose out. At the beginning of the year, all points expire. I am not even sure how many yards you have to buy, but only regular and sale price qualify. You only get $25. I have never met the amount apparently....
    So, I frequent the other one most of the time!

My LQS gives a $25 card for every $250 spent. Their "sales
    yard" has at least 150 bolts at one time for 40% off, if you buy on the first day of the month and on the last day of the month the sales yard fabric is %50 off.The fabric is
    not only ugly fabrics but alot of nice,pretty up-today fabrics too. I am greeted by my first name when I walk in the door of the shop even if it has been months since last being there (which isn't often!!) On Valentine's day I have
    been given a $20 card now for the last 8 years. They make me and I'm sure every customer feel special and that they love us.

My LQS doesn't have any of those things. They do have sale fabrics but they're usually the "uglies" and then you have to buy a yard. You have to be on their mailing list to get the news about the dates for their yearly sale.

Mine has a card and for each dollar you spend that is regular price they mark off that dollar amount. The card is worth $25.00. I am on my 3rd card now.

Our LQS owners are great! Once you spend $200. they give you 15 % off all your purchase! and, they are very good about having special clever sales!

One local shop gives FABRIC ONLY "punch" cards - it's a business-sized card titled "[Local Quilt Shop name, address and phone] Frequent Buyer Club" and states "Rewarding our Customers with $20 off your next FABRIC purchase when this card is complete." The top and bottom borders each have ten "$10" printed all around the border, signifying $200 total fabric purchases is required to complete the card.

The cutting table staff manage these: you present your fabric to be cut, along with any precuts, the attendant itemizes on a form all fabric purchases, and then totals the pretax purchase. For every full $10 increment of the total purchase, one of the "$10" is crossed off and initialed by the attendant.

When the card is completely crossed out, the back of the card is signed by the attendant recording this. The completed and signed card is taken to the cash register, where the $20 discount is applied at the register, and then the tax is calculated on the discounted purchase.

No LQS. :(

Yes - they have a card with little squares all around the outside in $1 $5 $10 and $20 increments. When you shop, they punch out
    what you spent. When you have spent $200 the card is complete. On your next trip to the shop you get a $15 discount.

1 store will give you $20 on your next purchase when you spend $135.

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    How does it work?

Do you participate in it?

My LQS used to have a program that after the first $1000 you got a bag and when you made a purchase with your bag in hand you got a free FQ. They weren't sticklers about actually having the bag since they could track sales in the computer. But they recently changed it and now they took the top 100 (I think) buyers and they get a red bag, they say they have specials for these customers only, but since I am much lower on the totem pole I don't know how it works. They do have coupon books they give out at Christmas with specials for the whole year, and they are really good coupons.

They also give you 10% off your total purchase within a week of your birthday.

None of the local quilt shops have such a program. A shop in a nearby city does, but no matter what I bought, it seemed I didn't qualify for a punch. Mostly, I have been using shop in another state that had a gift card. They would add a certain amount to my card with every order. I would send it back and use the "gift" with the next order. But, the last time, they did not do it. Also, put my backing on inside out and did not give a refund of any kind. So I don't use them anymore.

I liked that gift card because my orders are always large enough that 10% extra really helped.

Blog Entries
    Our LQS has a few frequent shopper perks:

1) 20% off total (excludes machines) on 1 time purchase in birthday month - I always buy too much!

2) Computer records yardage purchased, & after 50 yards, get $15 free fabric of my choice.

3) Also - if participate in block of the month at the shop, or any classes, 15% off purchases day of class.

4) "Fabric of the day", changes daily, 25% off, minimum 1/4 yard purchase required - if I stop in at the right time, they've let me pick the fabric, anything I wish to be the fabric of the day!

5) Sale rack - $4 to $6 per yard; 40% off select patterns

6) Finish bolt - 10% to 15% off regular price

7) Free cloth bag with $10.00 purchase; then get 5 cents off total each time I bring the bag back to use.

Best 'perk' I ever received there - when they relocated to a new store, had grand opening specials & sign-ups. I won:

1)Daily give-away - a nice basket of thread, patterns, FQs, table Ott light, chocolates, templates, rulers, misc notions

2) Grand-opening prize of a Babylock Quilter's Choice sewing machine with table extension & added knee control & travel carrying bag

There are other shops in town, so these perks keep me coming back to them & calling them my fav LQS.

Kas
    All of them do around here. And one of them is owned by one of my fellow guild members. She gives you punches on your card and an additional 10% off if you have a guild card on you. And that is for any guild, not just ours! Taylor Creek Quilts in Maple Valley, WA. It is a small shop, but jam-packed and stacked to the ceiling. Literally!

Mine doesn't, but wish it did.

One I frequent has a discount to those who save their receipts once they reach over $150 pre-sales tax. It is open to all shoppers without time limit.

One of mine does not (the larger of the two I frequent) BUT their everyday prices are lower than most LQS in this area (my last purchase was Hoffman Batiks for less than $9.00/yard, other shops are around $11.00/yard or more).

The other shop I frequent is about 1/2 the size and has a punch card system which isn't all that great - spend $250 and get $25 free stuff. This shop also offers 15% discount if you finish the bolt.

At the Vac & Sew machine shop across from the large LQS - he has a thread saver system. But 10 spools any size and get one spool free.

More often than not I get my fabric at the big store that has cheaper everyday prices but no bonus program system then walk across the street to the Vac & Sew and buy my thread.

Yes, like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Wife
    Most of my LQS's have punch cards with $10 off or 10% off after $150 spent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast