Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Eleanor Burns came to my house....WOW >

Eleanor Burns came to my house....WOW

Eleanor Burns came to my house....WOW

Old 11-18-2013, 05:18 AM

Hahahahaha! that was a good one!

"She" doesn't come to visit my large sewing/quilting area. I have at least 6 small trash cans from the dollar store. I have one at each station that I snip/cut at and one or two in a common walkway. To use them I just have to drop my hand and it's in a can! LOVE IT!

If I didn't do the trash cans, I'd have to cut away allllll those threads from the vacuum beater bar more often than I do...and I don't like taking that thing apart, wasting time doing snipping and then beating my knuckles trying to get it back together!

Nan
Old 11-18-2013, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere View Post
Hahahahaha! that was a good one!

"She" doesn't come to visit my large sewing/quilting area. I have at least 6 small trash cans from the dollar store. I have one at each station that I snip/cut at and one or two in a common walkway. To use them I just have to drop my hand and it's in a can! LOVE IT!

If I didn't do the trash cans, I'd have to cut away allllll those threads from the vacuum beater bar more often than I do...and I don't like taking that thing apart, wasting time doing snipping and then beating my knuckles trying to get it back together!

Nan
I'm with Nan. My sewing room is NOT neat, but I have containers for tiny scraps at strategic places. I also don't like having to dig all those threads out of the vacuum cleaner's beater bars.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:35 AM

I am lazy and have no desire to sweep the floor, so I use the trash can or my thread catcher.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:58 AM

She's been here too! "Eleanor" does get around... Hahhahaha
Old 11-18-2013, 06:00 AM

i think there are the remains of about 4 projects mounting a coup on my sewing room floor right now...

i am so glad i am good company here!

aileen
Old 11-18-2013, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

EB is just as fun in person as she is on her show. She is a delightful person making her audience participate in her presentation. She was promoting her book Star Across America who's blocks are named after prominent women. When she asked who this block was named after, I kept replying Eleanor Roosevelt. I eventually won a campaign button that says EB for president. It always makes me smile.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:16 AM

Eleanor Burns visits me often. I catch myself saying out loud just get rid of it as I toss scraps. You know you watch too much you tube when your husband ask you if you are Eleanor Burns! LOL
Old 11-18-2013, 06:22 AM

I clean as I go and that doesn't always keep things neat. The larger scraps get put in a scraps basket to cut later, but when I look at what I saved sometimes I think I was a dope for saving such small pieces.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I have adopted the Eleanor Burns method! I find it easier to clean up all those threads and snips at the end of a sewing day , rather than trying to keep up. Oh sometimes I take a break and tidy , but I let the snips fall where they may. I think El was on to something when she started just tossing.
Lori, you described me to a T. My OCD personality was costing me way too much time just picking up snips & scraps til I finally started using the "Eleanor" method. So much easier to just sweep or vacuum when my project is finished or when I can't stand it any longer. I do like to start my day with a clean floor though but have learned to live with scraps for awhile. I always like to put my tools away, too, but I'm trying to resist that urge now. LOL
Old 11-18-2013, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I have adopted the Eleanor Burns method! I find it easier to clean up all those threads and snips at the end of a sewing day , rather than trying to keep up. Oh sometimes I take a break and tidy , but I let the snips fall where they may. I think El was on to something when she started just tossing.
Much as I would like to toss my scraps a la Eleanor Burns, I have to keep my scraps off the floor. I have 2 "very helpful" cats who would pick them up and play with them and leave them all over the house.