Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Embroidery Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    I also like the idea of putting the names in the sashing. You could use different color thread for the different families, like you and all your kids/grand kids would be in blue, your sister & her family in green etc. Pull the colors from the embroidery designs. I've done a lot of name embroidery and what I would do is write all the names down. Figure out the longest one and select a font size that will accomodate the name in the space you want to fill. Then use that same font size for all the rest of the names. It gives a more cohesive look. If you have embroidery software, I would pull a small motif from the design, like that little flower thingy on the 'tail' from the first picture you posted. Then you could use this motif to pad out some of the shorter names. So like if you have an Esmerelda and an Ann, you could embroider ;-) Ann ;-), but instead of the smiley faces,you'd put the small motif. Again, this sort of evens everything out.
    Really good suggestions, will have to remember these for myself.

What ever you decide the quilt will be beautiful.

these are beautiful I would put them all over the quilt and put everyones name next to them

I have the Quattro 6000D also and love it. I also have the Jacobean florals. They stitch up so beautifully.
    What a great idea to make a quilt with all the family members on it!!

Those are outstanding! I hope you continue to keep us in the loop with these, can't wait to see what you do with them!

Blog Entries
    Bamamama,I'm coming to visit so i can use your embroidery machine.Connie in CO

Blog Entries
    Beautiful !!

Blog Entries
    I don't have but 1 daughter,but I sure would like to have a quilt like that. That is for sure. I think your mother will greatly appreicate it very much with all the love that goes into making a quilt.

Beautiful blocks!

beautiful designs.....I agree that each family should have a colour of their own...maybe combined husband & wife in one block, and their kids in another block..but same color thread.

I am not interested in machine embroidery, I am not interested in machine embroidery, I am not interested in machine embroidery.....must not become interested in machine embroidery....

I had a friend who was making a quilt for her family reunion and I embroidered each family in seperate blocks. Example, Thomas and Tina Unknown and then under parents name listed the childrens name. It turned out really pretty.

Why couldn't you make 25 of the flowers, changing colors after the original 9 to make them different, and make the names part of that square.. perhaps in a curve at the bottom that follows the shape of the flower a bit.. just like the sliver moon sort of curve. Or alternate the names between a curve under the flower and over the next one.

Between the flowers you could put sashing in different colors that compliment the flowers. It could be plain sashing but I can also see a soft scrappy of pastel 2" blocks in a 9 patch as sashing. Or if you want it smaller, a pastel 4 patch.

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    beautiful blocks...I have those designs...I have the Innovis 4000D

these are beautiful!

Blog Entries
    I use snowball block all the time, the 8" is just enough room for the design not leaving a lot of background. You. Can embroider the names in the corner triangles,, would look nice.

I just got a Singer Futura 250.....and if I ever get it all down. I will add some ideas. I have done a few things.But I am learning..... Char

I usually always make my throws, baby blankies etc with embroideried blocks.I use Red Wolr alot also.I would sell my sewing machine before my embroidery one!!LOL

OH WOW! Gorgeous Jacobeans!
    Maureen

Beautiful work. What material are they done on?

Blog Entries
    That is beauifulu I have a brother also NAV 4500 have so much troube transfering my pattern after I purchase from the computer into my system I tired using wip zip and nothings happen.I ALWAYS BUYS FROM embroidery Library

It's really ok to admit you are interested. Don't deny yourself anymore. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p38flygirl
    beautiful blocks...I have those designs...I have the Innovis 4000D
    Did you put them on a CD to save?I would have sworn i had an embroidery card with Jacobeans but can't find it,so maybe not.Connie in CO

I don't know how to do it, but how about the names all around the boarder. Great blocks, so pretty and lacey.

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    I am not interested in machine embroidery, I am not interested in machine embroidery, I am not interested in machine embroidery.....must not become interested in machine embroidery....
    :lol: Don't know what you are missing it is addictive!!And you can make some beautiful table runners, quilts,throws and much, much more!

Quote Originally Posted by bamamama
    I want to make a quilt for my mom for mothers day with the names of all her children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren. There are 25 of us to list on the quilt. I also want to incorporate some of these embroidery designs. Any ideas on what type block would look good with the embroidery where I can also embroider names in the blocks. There are 9 different embroidery designs to use in the quilt.
    I have those and the Birds,ducks and chickens.I love them!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast