Old 08-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Banned

Sharon,
To get you by until you can order some of the same
needles that I sent to Krystyna you can buy ANY brand
Top Stitch SHARP needle; but you only get 5 needles to
a package and as you may know those 5 needles can cost
anywhere from about $.400 and up.

I buy my needles from allstitch.net for $26.69 per 100 needles.
From my own personal experience I found that using ONLY the
SHARP point needles for everything (including lace) has eliminated
97% of my issues with embroidery. The other 3% I found that I had
to use a BALL point needle for stitching on items such as t-shirts or
knits.

I use the 75/11 & 90/14 the most and sometimes I use the 80/12
although not as much as the other two.

Something else I found that helps TONS with embroidery is using
thread nets on ALL my spools of thread, it helps to control how much
thread is being unwound at a time. I started using the nets only on
my metallic threads, but soon found that my thread did much better
when I used the net for any kind of thread.

Hope some of this information will help you.

Originally Posted by SharonTX View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmm now you have me thinking. Where would I find these needles? If these work, I need to cancel my order with MrVacandMrsSew as I just placed an order for the Polystar thread, as I do have some along with some brother thread and those work perfect in the machine. Debating big time. I would hate to cancel and still have the problem.

Thanks for the advice and please let me know where I can find those type of needles.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:41 PM

So, I really need to cancel my order for the polystar? It's just weird, I've had some good days and bad days with the threadart, mostly bad days, but never with the brother or polystar. Go figure
Old 08-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Swap Hosts

I've used Thread Art and had a problem with my machine until I changed the needles. Do a Google search and you'll come up with tons of sources. Here's one. I wish I could remember where I bought mine, but am a little brain dead at the moment.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:36 PM

I just bought a Janome 350e...I pick it up next week...can't wait!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:37 PM

I can get Organ needles from All Brands (we have a local outlet here). As far as the thread goes, my PE-770 does not like the red threads from DesignsbySick. I have to use Robison-Anton or possibly Coats & Clark, but it sometimes doesn't like the Coats & Clark. I got a large spool of red embroidery thread at a flea market, and it has no problem there. Can't explain why it just doesn't like certain red threads.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by labeelady View Post
I can get Organ needles from All Brands (we have a local outlet here). As far as the thread goes, my PE-770 does not like the red threads from DesignsbySick. I have to use Robison-Anton or possibly Coats & Clark, but it sometimes doesn't like the Coats & Clark. I got a large spool of red embroidery thread at a flea market, and it has no problem there. Can't explain why it just doesn't like certain red threads.
Have you checked the Robison-Anton thread at Sears. It's only 3.99 a spool and that's cheaper than any place I know at the moment. I stocked up on it some where this quilt shop about an hour away had it on sale 2 for 6.95. I would go every couple of weeks and get more. The last time I was there they said after months they no longer had the sale. I was bumbed out until I saw the sign laying on top of the display. I pointed it out to the sales person and she gave me the sale for one last time. Wished I'd had more money because I like 2 for 1 sales.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:15 AM

I'm so frustrated and disappointed. My brother pe 770 does not, I repeat does not like the embroidery threads from threadart! I am now stuck with over 100 spools and can't do a darn thing with 'em.

What embroidery threads do you use or suggest?

TIA
My Viking Ruby hasn't had a problem with any threads except for the serger thread. Once I went up to a size 90/14 sharp needle it did great; no more broken thread. I was stitching out FSL and since it was for kids I didn't want to spend a fortune of thread. I like the RA thread, I've also used Floriani thread, sulky, Prencia and they've all worked out really well. Maybe you could sell your thread to someone who doesn't have a problem with it. I've never used it so I don't know if I would even though I never have. I start off only buying a few of a brand to make sure it stitches well before buying more. It's like designs; I go for the freebees to stitch out before I'll buy (at least for full price) the designs and find out I have a problem. I did learn last night though how easy it is to change the density of a design and that'll be a great help. I like to resize some things and when making them smaller the density can really affect the out come.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:56 AM

I also have the PE770. I use the Threadart and have no problem, I also have Coats and Clark and Threadelight. (variegated). I set all my spools on a separate stand and feed it from the side. Don't know, if that makes a difference, but it can't hurt. Don't give up, try again, tell your machine that you are the boss!

I'm so frustrated and disappointed. My brother pe 770 does not, I repeat does not like the embroidery threads from threadart! I am now stuck with over 100 spools and can't do a darn thing with 'em.

What embroidery threads do you use or suggest?

TIA
Old 08-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
I also have the PE770. I use the Threadart and have no problem, I also have Coats and Clark and Threadelight. (variegated). I set all my spools on a separate stand and feed it from the side. Don't know, if that makes a difference, but it can't hurt. Don't give up, try again, tell your machine that you are the boss!
With touchy threads I use the attachment to keep the thread vertical on my PE770. That helps a LOT.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:55 AM

From the first day I started having trouble with the thread, immediately I brought out my thread stand. While waiting for my machine to be delivered, I read everything I could find here on the board in regards to the type of machine, threads, tips and all to prepare myself. I remembered reading about some having much success with a thread stand. At first it worked great, but here lately, no matter what I did, the breakage was getting worse, but only with threadart.
I'm going to try the suggestions given here and hopefully things something will work.