Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 53 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3 43 52 53 54 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3640

Thread: Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Oh Krystyna How I wish I could have my machine running . My new Babylock Spirit will not be here until mid Oct. In the meantime I'll just sew some special gifts, but do have fun and two machines going at once? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Shana, you started me on the wrong path for today! But, thanks. I will have to whittle my shopping cart down below the $80 it is sitting at right now. Did you see all of the sewing machine designs they have... ? Oh, which ones would I like, huh?
    They only discount the first 10 items in your basket...make multiple purchases of 10 to save the money and after 3 purchases they give you 3 for free but yeah, $80 goes quick LOL Just have to get a check from my new job to be able to feed my new habit lol

I'm thinking about purchasing a Bernina Deco 340. Anyone have any advise? I currently have a Bernina 440QE. But really want a machine that will do embroidery while I'm quilting.

Thanks!!!
    Gold and Silver are made purer and stronger by Fire.

I used to have the Deco 340 before I upgraded to the 640. I loved that machine! Very user friendly.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Does anyone here have the Viking Topaz 20 machine?? I have some questions about the embroidery part of it. Actually the program that comes with it.
    Faye

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mythreesuns View Post
    Does anyone here have the Viking Topaz 20 machine?? I have some questions about the embroidery part of it. Actually the program that comes with it.
    I have the Viking Ruby; well now since Frid I have the Viking Diamond Deluxe but they all come with the organizer. What version so you have 4D or 5D. I've been taking classes for the 5D Pro but we started out with the organizer since all versions have that and we all use it so maybe I can help you. If I don't know I'll try to find out for you.
    Judy

Thanks for any help you can offer. I have no way of taking the classes because my work schedule. I normally work 10 to 6 ..so it covers all class times. I have the 5D.. can we digitize a design with that one at all? Or do we need another program to do so?
    Faye

Blog Entries
    I have to confess: I am addicted to collecting free designs and sets. BUT this morning I spent some time going through the downloaded but unsorted folders to dump formats I don't use and looked at a lot of them and thought ... when on earth am I going to use this? So ... delete, delete, delete ... Anyone else do this?
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    I have to confess: I am addicted to collecting free designs and sets. BUT this morning I spent some time going through the downloaded but unsorted folders to dump formats I don't use and looked at a lot of them and thought ... when on earth am I going to use this? So ... delete, delete, delete ... Anyone else do this?
    Yup, me too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
    Yup, me too!
    But do you dump the ones you'll never use? Honestly, some of the free ones are, well ... you get what you pay for! Jump stitches everywhere!
    Krystyna

But do you dump the ones you'll never use? Honestly, some of the free ones are, well ... you get what you pay for! Jump stitches everywhere!

Yes. I have over 3,000 designs and do a clean out every once in the while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mythreesuns View Post
    Thanks for any help you can offer. I have no way of taking the classes because my work schedule. I normally work 10 to 6 ..so it covers all class times. I have the 5D.. can we digitize a design with that one at all? Or do we need another program to do so?
    The software that comes with the machines is the organizer. Even though its limited it is a great organizer. One of things that I love is that if you click on a design and then click on the pair of scissors at the top it'll add trim commands to designs that have lots of jump stitches that you'll have to trim off later on. You can't digitize as far as creating designs. I'm going to give you a website that offers so much. The guy has written books on the software and has lots of free tutorials and is even overing video classes for sale now. My Viking teacher says she loves his books and uses them herself even though she was trained by Viking. He has things for 4D and 5D; they are both pretty much the same. It's a good way to learn. I bought 5D Pro this past yr and I'm now taking classes for that along with my monthly embroidery club. I'll answer anything that I can. The website is mrpatience.com I hope this helps. If you need an answer right away then PM me and it'll let me know, instead of waiting for me to find this thread. Good luck. http://www.mrpatience.com/
    Judy

Blog Entries
    If jump stitches are the only problem then no, I wouldn't delete. I have 5D and it allows me to put trim commands in those designs and gets rid of jumpstitches. My machine has the trim command feature so when it sees it, it'll tie off the ends which adds a couple of stitches but gets rid of alot of added hand work at the end. I've deleted designs that I say to myself, what was I thinking, I'll never use that and if a design has mulitple formats I leave them in the zip file and only save the one that I need to it's folder to be used. Zip files are compressed so they dont take up much room. I keep a copy of the orginal file in a orders folder with the companies name incase I ever have to download it again. Without the company name and orginal file name I may not be able to do this; especially if co has archived the file
    Judy

I use an external hard drive for all my designs and I put the unlucky one in a special folder (just in case) and I do not delete them.
    I do delete the unused formats, just because. Sometime I have some designs that only come in one format so I convert them to a format I can use. Then I dump.
    BTW, I use a Brother 6 needle which I love. Not so many thread changes (YEAH).

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

As I await patiently for my new embroidery machine I've spent the last few weeks finally organizing my files. I use a usb flash drive with folders. I'm not well versed with winzip and though i've bought a new computer can I download that for free? I have plenty of room on my flash drives but wow I don't know how many designs I have right now. I'm going through embroidery withdrawals and can't wait to get mine up and going! In the meantime I've been researching the mylar designs for embroidery and really love the effect it has. But I'm not able to find the paper, I've gone to Party City (they have no idea what even cellophane paper is duh!), dollar tree and I have looked at several online ones with good prices. But when I get my machine I will be having lots of fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
    As I await patiently for my new embroidery machine I've spent the last few weeks finally organizing my files. I use a usb flash drive with folders. I'm not well versed with winzip and though i've bought a new computer can I download that for free? I have plenty of room on my flash drives but wow I don't know how many designs I have right now. I'm going through embroidery withdrawals and can't wait to get mine up and going! In the meantime I've been researching the mylar designs for embroidery and really love the effect it has. But I'm not able to find the paper, I've gone to Party City (they have no idea what even cellophane paper is duh!), dollar tree and I have looked at several online ones with good prices. But when I get my machine I will be having lots of fun!
    What kind of machine did you buy? I just traded my Viking Ruby in for a Diamond Deluxe. I've been in class for the past two days and haven't had time to even sew on it.

You should check out a product called Angelina; it looks alot like mylar. It is fiber though and not paper. You can mix them together and get different looks, colors. It's really cool.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Help from Other Machine Embroiders

I have been searching for an answer/fix to this issue for a while! When embroidering on satin (really poly satin), no matter what stabilizer/needle I use, I still get puckers. I've tried every combination I know!! I have the articles on embroidering on different types of fabric that Embroidery Library has on their site and have followed their suggestions but still the problem.

Anyone here embroider on satin and if so, how do you do it? TIA

PS: I have a Brother PE700II embroidery machine which does an excellent job on most fabrics.

I have some fabric that I have had to use as many as 9 layers of stabilizer behind it before it quit puckering. I had 2 layers of tear-away, then had the rest in wash away as I couldn't abide the thickness of having more stabilizers being there permanentlly. I think I may try using a wash away on top of the fabric in a test piece and see if that reduces the amount of total stabilizers needed, but I've never tried that before. This is in an embroidery piece with over 40,000 stitches. Have no idea if that contributes to the problem - if my hooping is off or what - but it was a piece of advice on a TV show where someone else said they had to use that many stabilizers that got me to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    I have some fabric that I have had to use as many as 9 layers of stabilizer behind it before it quit puckering. I had 2 layers of tear-away, then had the rest in wash away as I couldn't abide the thickness of having more stabilizers being there permanentlly. I think I may try using a wash away on top of the fabric in a test piece and see if that reduces the amount of total stabilizers needed, but I've never tried that before. This is in an embroidery piece with over 40,000 stitches. Have no idea if that contributes to the problem - if my hooping is off or what - but it was a piece of advice on a TV show where someone else said they had to use that many stabilizers that got me to try it.
    Try hooping the stabilizer only. Then spray the stabilizer lightly with some temporary spray like KK2000 or embroidery spray. Lay the satin on top of the stabilizer and smooth it out. I don't hoop anything except stabilizer. This seems to work better for me. Hth.
    Laura

Blog Entries
    Both excellent tips that I have used - light spray adhesive (but you'll want to wipe your needle with rubbing alcohol every now and then) and wash away on top. These two usually solve the problem.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    The density (# of stitches) do have a big part of your problem. Do you have the capabilities in your software to reduce the density? I do that with all my designs, I check the density and also the underlying stitches that aren't needed. Especially on some fabrics like t-shirts.
    Judy

[QUOTE=laura59;5587412]Try hooping the stabilizer only. Then spray the stabilizer lightly with some temporary spray like KK2000 or embroidery spray. Lay the satin on top of the stabilizer and smooth it out. I don't hoop anything except stabilizer. This seems to work better for me. Hth.[/QUOTE

That has only worked for me for designs with smaller amounts of stitches. Just saying- maybe it's my fabric. I think satin and silk are especially hard to keep from pucking.

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
    What kind of machine did you buy? I just traded my Viking Ruby in for a Diamond Deluxe. I've been in class for the past two days and haven't had time to even sew on it.

You should check out a product called Angelina; it looks alot like mylar. It is fiber though and not paper. You can mix them together and get different looks, colors. It's really cool.
    romanojg,
    I purchased the new Babylock Spirit, it is an embroidery only machine. I had the Ellure Plus which was a great machine however I didn't use the sewing function as much so I decided to get an embroidery only machine. This machine is new on the market and it comes with a 7x12 inch hoop. I'm waiting today for a phone call from the dealer to go pick it up this week!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=TanyaL;5587592]
    Quote Originally Posted by laura59 View Post
    Try hooping the stabilizer only. Then spray the stabilizer lightly with some temporary spray like KK2000 or embroidery spray. Lay the satin on top of the stabilizer and smooth it out. I don't hoop anything except stabilizer. This seems to work better for me. Hth.[/QUOTE

That has only worked for me for designs with smaller amounts of stitches. Just saying- maybe it's my fabric. I think satin and silk are especially hard to keep from pucking.
    emblibrary.com has directions on embroidering on these fabrics. Its under Kennys corner, I think. I did organza this weekend; two layers of that with texture magic in between with no stabilizer. It worked really nice and not puckering. We made 3D flowers
    Judy

Blog Entries
    I NEED to do this! LOL I think my laptop is slowing down because I have so much artwork (designs) on it!! I went a little nuts downloading freebies when I first got my machine. More selective now but, boy, do I like "Free"!!

Page 53 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3 43 52 53 54 63 103 ... LastLast