Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 06-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Swap Hosts

Great price! I couldn't tell - does it come with extra hoops? I looooove mine!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:06 PM

I don't think so. But they have an Elipse 4-Hoop Embroidery Package w/ Embroidery Thread ( 7 spools) and Scissors for Brother PE-700, PE700II, PE-750D, PE-770, PE-780D, Innovis 1000, Innovis 1200, Innovis 1250D, PC-6500, PC-8200, PC-8500 and Babylock Ellure, Emore and Esante for $99.99! http://www.amazon.com/Elipse-Embroid...bxgy_ac_text_b
Old 06-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SharonTX View Post
I will be purchasing the Brother PE 770 this evening. Found a GREAT deal for a new one for $440.00!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002MQI2NM/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
Congrats!!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:53 PM

Thanks, but I missed out on it. Should have purchased when I seen it, but I wanted to discuss with DH before doing so and he tells me I should have snagged it that he would have understood. Oh well, I'm sure another great deal will come along again.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by SharonTX View Post
I will be purchasing the Brother PE 770 this evening. Found a GREAT deal for a new one for $440.00!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002MQI2NM/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
congrats on purchase, you will love it, they do such a nice job. Have a brother stand alone and I just love it!!!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:53 PM

I have a Topaz 30 also. My husband put a coat hanger on the wall and I just use a pillowcase that I made bigger at the opening seems to work pretty good.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:50 AM

Sharon TX you grabbed a great deal! I went to the link and I guess the prices went right back up! Enjoy it though I hear good things about this machine.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:50 AM

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place.....if not can someone let me know where to post it. Thanks!

I have a Janome 300e and I'm am trying desperately to learn to use it. I have gotten all the basics but one big problem is getting designs lined up correctly. I want/need to make a label for a quilt that I have ready to gift. I used one of the built in designs on a piece of muslin. It is a flowered frame...a design that is built into the machine. WELL, I was surprised that I wasn't able to go to the wording and type in more than one line. Then I was short one letter of being able to put just "Made by Pat Smith"....the "h" wouldn't fit and I was using the smallest font. Then I decided I'd just write the "Made by" on one line and put my name on the next line and the date on a third line. But then I don't know how to get the lines all lined up. Am I making any sense?

I don't want to invest money into a digitizer program at this point. Is there any way I'm able to do this otherwise. I have downloaded a free program that was suggested on this post called Wilcom and was so happy that I am able to view the designs on the computer instead of having to guess what they are by the file name/number.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Pat
Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 AM
Swap Hosts

Pat, I've come across that issue myself from time to time. Here's what I do, although I'm sure there are other solutions that are better ...
First the size of the frame. If you know that the text isn't likely to fit try expanding the frame. I don't know if your machine has the function, but I can expand and shrink mine a little.
Secondly, do your best to use a smaller font that will fit. This of course, depends on what you have on your machine.
To line up the lines of type, I go row by row moving them down a bit and using the layout function on my machine before I stitch. It will generally circle around the area where the stitching will fall so I can be sure that it isn't overlapping or too far away. Again, I don't know if your machine has this.
Hope this helps a little.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Pat, I've come across that issue myself from time to time. Here's what I do, although I'm sure there are other solutions that are better ...
First the size of the frame. If you know that the text isn't likely to fit try expanding the frame. I don't know if your machine has the function, but I can expand and shrink mine a little.
Secondly, do your best to use a smaller font that will fit. This of course, depends on what you have on your machine.
To line up the lines of type, I go row by row moving them down a bit and using the layout function on my machine before I stitch. It will generally circle around the area where the stitching will fall so I can be sure that it isn't overlapping or too far away. Again, I don't know if your machine has this.
Hope this helps a little.
Thanks Krystyna.....I do have the layout function and it does help tremendously in learning where the design is going to land...but as far as the font...I am using the smallest font that comes on my machine and like I said I was trying to stitch just 17 letters/numbers and that was including spaces . Is the only way I can choose a smaller font by buying a digitizer program? If so, can someone suggest the most affordable program available. I just don't want to put a lot of money into a program and find out I'm not going to use it enough to offset the cost.

Thanks all! Pat