Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
En español porfavor >

En español porfavor

En español porfavor

Old 10-09-2016, 08:05 PM

Default En español porfavor

Se encuentra alguien aquí que practique el quilting en México o que hable con fluidez el español? Gracias!
Old 10-09-2016, 09:48 PM

I'm in the US, but I understand Spanish reasonably well. You can PM me if you'd like. I don't personally know any quilters from Mexico, but one of my favorites designers is Patricia Sanabria-Friederich from Costa Rica (I did my graduate studies in San Jose).

Estoy de los EEUU, pero entiendo el español bastante bien. Si quiere puede mandarme un mensaje. Yo no conozco a ningún bordador de colchas de México pero uno de mis favoritas diseñadoras es Patricia Sanabria-Friederich de Costa Rica (me dedicaba a los estudios graduados en San José).
Old 10-10-2016, 04:02 AM
Power Poster

translated: Is anyone here who practice the quilting in Mexico or who speaks fluent Spanish? Thank you!
Old 10-10-2016, 07:52 AM

I appreciate your candor. I'm a fluent English speaker with an English college degree. My question was geared to those of you who speak Spanish because I live in a border community and we have several community members who would like to engage in this craft. My question was not meant to raise issues of bigotry or racism or make changes to the language of this site's structure. Thank you to those of you who responded in kind, those of you who chose to move it to another realm of communication...my sympathies.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:32 AM

I wish I knew other languages. Maybe after I retire.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
oh goodness. we quilters are a friendly bunch. this quilter just wants help. let's do that and nothing more.
Thank you! Exactamente
Old 10-10-2016, 12:16 PM

Ditto what Bree123 stated above. Please do not disappear from the board OP. Your input is valued.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:31 PM

My Spanish and French speaking skills are rather awful but I do want to speak up and say that as far as I'm concerned, ALL are welcome here. Peace ✌ let's go fabric shopping together and I can practice my Spanish!
Old 10-10-2016, 12:54 PM

I'm almost certain there are some good videos in Spanish on you tube
Old 10-10-2016, 02:16 PM

I think this hit a bit close to home for some. I am deeply sorry to have seen some of the responses to a very polite inquiry just because it wasn't in English. I am appalled, but not surprised. It's a shame that such a lack of appreciation for other cultures is apparently actively condoned on this board. Pity.