Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
English Paper Piecing - what do you think? >

English Paper Piecing - what do you think?

English Paper Piecing - what do you think?

Old 08-26-2020, 01:55 PM
Power Poster

I love EPP. Have made lots of projects, big and small.ive been working off & on for years on my Millifiore quilt. I set it aside for months/ years then pull it out & make more Rosettes. Everything is ready for final construction now.
EPP is a great travel project, very portable.
Attached Thumbnails 0b1cb95f-9070-47d1-ae8a-0370f6950dc1.jpeg  
Old 08-26-2020, 07:19 PM

I love EPP too. I am using the plastic pieces from Brandy's - Mylar pieces for the larger diamond pieces for a Tumbling Block baby quilt and for the 1 inch hexagon flowers I ordered the paper version piece from paperpieces.com. I have the paper punch made by Fiskars when I need more. It's a super easy portable project.
There is another member, Lynnie in New York that makes beautiful hexi quilts.
MSQC has a nice quick video on how-to make different things.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:03 AM

I started doing some hexies when going on a long trip with airport waiting time and long flights and I love it. it is so portable and uses leftover fabrics too. I intend to use the rosettes as appliqués either on a border, on plain blocks, on bags or pillows or whatever. I do not see myself committing to a quilt as yet. I just love doing it whenever I have to wait somewhere and I see multiple uses for them.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:55 AM

I've made two lap size grandmother's flower garden quilts. I love EPP but it takes me a long time to finish a quilt hand sewing. I lost interest and had to make myself finish both quilts. Have fun.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:52 AM

I just finished a double bed size Grandmothers Flower Garden quilt top. I worked on it off & on at night for about 3-4 years. I love EPP and it gives me something to do while doing nothing. (if that makes sense). It wasn't a race so I just enjoyed making all those little hexies. I have the Fiskars hexagon punch (1") and used ads received in the mail that was printed on heavy stock paper to make my hex papers.