Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ 5 borders ....is EQ 7 better? >

EQ 5 borders ....is EQ 7 better?

EQ 5 borders ....is EQ 7 better?

Old 03-03-2011, 01:16 PM

I use EQ5. I noticed that I can print out the information on the size of the pieces need for my blocks that I want in my quilt, but I can't find any information on the size of the pieces of I need for piecing the border.

Am I missing a step in printing or is this possible to do on EQ5? How about EQ 7? Will it print out information on size of the pieces for the border?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by kapatt
I use EQ5. I noticed that I can print out the information on the size of the pieces need for my blocks that I want in my quilt, but I can't find any information on the size of the pieces of I need for piecing the border.

Am I missing a step in printing or is this possible to do on EQ5? How about EQ 7? Will it print out information on size of the pieces for the border?
EQ7 works the same as EQ5 in this respect. You can add a pieced border in the Border layer, you can even color in the individual pieces in the border layer and have that converted to yardage, but it won't print the cutting templates or rotary cutting dimensions.

If you want to do that, you need to create, in effect, a long narrow block and use layer 2 or 3 to set it in the border area. EQ will then treat it just like any other block.

Diana