Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Eversewn Sparrow at Houston Quilt Festival >

Eversewn Sparrow at Houston Quilt Festival

Eversewn Sparrow at Houston Quilt Festival

Old 11-15-2019, 04:39 AM

I have one and took it to the Bonnie Hunter retreat. It sewed fine the first day, but I never got a stitch out of it on the 2nd day. It did not look disturbed when I came in. Another retreater had one and came over to see what she could do, and she did not get it going either. Something about the bobbin thread keeps getting knarled. I tried changing the needle and it still did not go. The next morning we had 5 inches of snow, so it did not get to the repair guy.

You can have this one in its present condition for $250 plus shipping. I have way too many machines.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:07 AM
Power Poster

I was told to call Eversewn and they will fix or replace the machine if not user error at no cost.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:16 AM

OK I'll try that. Marcia
Old 11-15-2019, 09:20 AM

Try just doing some online shopping. I was looking at the Laura Star lift at Festival. They had a "show special" of $499. I was still on the fence so I passed. I came home and did some online shopping. Amazon had it for $499. plus I have a $10 Amazon gift card and Amazon was willing to give me another $100 gift card if I took an Amazon credit card. So I got it for $110 less than the "show special". You have to know what you are looking at. Show specials often aren't that special and can be beat.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:32 PM

I used an Eversewn 25 at a LQS while I was o vacation. It was the shop floor model and could have gotten a very good deal but I declined. I sew on vintage machines only and on 3 different occasions, the darned machine kept on sewing even though I thought I had quit. Thank goodness for the on/off button. Plus it did not come with a user manual which I think is terribly important although most of my vintage babies came without one. Hubby said I could buy it if I wanted it. I was tempted but passed for the stated reasons. That being said, if I were looking at a new machine, those would be the direction I'd be going in to test drive & potentially buy the machine.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:59 PM

Have had my Sparrow for a year now and just love it. Bought it on E-Bay in early December 2018 from an actual sewing machine dealer. Thinking I paid $300 and shipping was free. Have had no problems whatsoever.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

the darned machine kept on sewing even though I thought I had quit. Thank goodness for the on/off button. Plus it did not come with a user manual

The user manual is online to read or download at the Eversewn website. It's very informative, 84 pages for the Sparrow 30.
Funny, mine kept sewing once and it was because I didn't have the foot control fully connected because the on/off switch was engaged and I didn't notice.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:40 AM

I read this blog (doing research on the machine) which stated that a lot of people get the bobbin snarls if they don't put the thread through this little guide. (the handle is down only for picture taking purposes).

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I have one and took it to the Bonnie Hunter retreat. It sewed fine the first day, but I never got a stitch out of it on the 2nd day. It did not look disturbed when I came in. Another retreater had one and came over to see what she could do, and she did not get it going either. Something about the bobbin thread keeps getting knarled. I tried changing the needle and it still did not go. The next morning we had 5 inches of snow, so it did not get to the repair guy.

You can have this one in its present condition for $250 plus shipping. I have way too many machines.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:50 AM

While on a group trip to MSQC, two of my friends bought their machines from Jenny. They had them shipped home. One had no problem, one did. She contacted (?) Jenny or company but they sent her another new machine and postage to ship first machine back. Both are working good, as far as I know.